Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need to Hear From N/A GT's with Brenspeed's Detroit Rockers

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 05:25 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Oh really.....so then are you saying I should order them? Pullies too? Lol.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:51 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdmcbride
Well, you can still buy economy plates on eBay for $165 delivered, but you will have to have your tune modified. Brenspeed sells the billet plates for more, but they come with a tune revision as long as they have a tune on file for you.

Did you get a dyno before and after with the DRs?

Thanks,
JD

Unfortunately i did not. I asked about getting one only to see if it would be beneficial for a better tune and he said not really so that was my reasoning for not getting a dyno. I may have to order some deletes some time soon
Old 08-18-2010, 03:21 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Oh really.....so then are you saying I should order them? Pullies too? Lol.
definitely worth the throttle response imo, but it's also way cooler up here (temps & nearly zero humidity). I didn't expect much, but I was very surprised.

It felt like "surge" of power right at 2200rpm, I also noticed that it stretched out 3rd a little longer. With the Vortech though it's much more smoother.

Great DIY mod if you can still find them on Ebay for $150..
Old 08-18-2010, 02:22 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the replies... sounds like a good mod.

Anyone else?
Old 08-20-2010, 12:46 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jwharton
I have had them for a few months now and you can see my mods below. Driveability is great, no problems and the tune was perfect when I left Brenspeed, but they have written me a new tune to accomodate the 110 mm JLT I added later. I tried the off road H pipe and it was loud and trumpeted bad. I put midpipe resonators in and it still trumpeted too much so I put the stock H back in and all is well, maybe a little too quiet but better than the trumpeting. She pulls hard to redline, with the 410 gears...first don't last long. I get 20-22 mixed driving and as much as 26 on the highway. My on-board computer always give me an average that is less than hand calculated, but I always hand calculate anyway. If you beat on it hard, hard , hard it will drop the mileage. I am glad I did it and I love watching the shaker hood....SHAKE.
Have you thought about getting a midpipe with hi-flow cats? I have comp nsr stage 2, which are not as agressive as the detroit rockers, but comps do sound good with a catted x, 12" resonators and MACSs. It's deep, no trumpeting and minimal drone.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:26 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Anyone out there with the Detroit Rockers that doesn't have 4.10 gears? I have 3.55s and would rather not have to change them out but also don't want to do a half-***Ed job and not be happy. I don't track the car and it's a daily driver...what do you guys think?
Old 08-21-2010, 06:16 AM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HypromanGT
Anyone out there with the Detroit Rockers that doesn't have 4.10 gears? I have 3.55s and would rather not have to change them out but also don't want to do a half-***Ed job and not be happy. I don't track the car and it's a daily driver...what do you guys think?
It is suggested that u get different gearing. Talk to brenspeed and they will give u a upfront and honest answere
Old 08-21-2010, 08:03 AM
T.Wayne
1st Gear Member

Default Still Rocking

I have had 0 issues I have a 5speed CMDP's Steeda BBK UDP's Metco 4pc Idler Pulley Set Brisk 1pc Spark Plugs JLT CAI SCT X3 Brenspeed Tunes UPR Catch Can BMR Box LCA's Poly Ends Fords Racing 3.73 Ford Racing GT Wheels Goodyear F1 Tires GT Center Caps and last BRENS Detroit Rocker Cams and my Detroit Rocker T-Shirt.
She pulls nice barks the tires through the gears at 65mph 26.5 MPG
The CMDP's install see Taco Bills write up print it follow it U can't go wrong.

TW
Old 08-26-2010, 03:30 PM
DStang05
2nd Gear Member

Anyone install the Ford Racing limited slip unit?
Old 08-31-2010, 09:40 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Another question for those with Detroit Rockers...

Do you get any raw fuel smell from your exhaust?

I have heard a few Hot Rod owner complain about this.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Need to Hear From N/A GT's with Brenspeed's Detroit Rockers