Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Different problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 07:46 PM
tears_for_fears

Default Different problems

I have a 2005 GT mustang automatic, and was wondering if these few problems i have experienced have been seen by others.

- The shifter has gotten really messed up twice. It gets jammed, making it extremely hard to put it into drive, and impossible to go any lower than that.

- A big piece of plastic on the underbody under the front fell and dragged on the ground. After examining it the plastic was ground up so the bolts couldnt even hold it. I do sometimes drive on dirt roads, but i go around 1 mph.

- At some gas stations (shell, BP, Marathon), you cant click the pump into auto-pump. It starts working, then pops as if its a full tank, forcing me to stand there, holding the handle about halfway down, slowly pumping gas.

any comments would be great! thanks
Old 08-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Caipira
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Different problems

Well, the fill-up thing has been an issue for THOUSANDS of us. Just take it back to the dealer and explain th eproblem. There is a TSB out on this and they will replace you gas tank. The other issues I cannot respond to. Regards.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:37 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I also have a GT w/ auto and sometimes it won't shift easily out of Park into drive. I think I have to push the shifter forward and that usually helps.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:21 PM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tears_for_fears

I have a 2005 GT mustang automatic, and was wondering if these few problems i have experienced have been seen by others.

- The shifter has gotten really messed up twice. It gets jammed, making it extremely hard to put it into drive, and impossible to go any lower than that.

- A big piece of plastic on the underbody under the front fell and dragged on the ground. After examining it the plastic was ground up so the bolts couldnt even hold it. I do sometimes drive on dirt roads, but i go around 1 mph.

- At some gas stations (shell, BP, Marathon), you cant click the pump into auto-pump. It starts working, then pops as if its a full tank, forcing me to stand there, holding the handle about halfway down, slowly pumping gas.

any comments would be great! thanks
Sorry about the auto tranny issue, but you should've gotten a Manual. What are ya thinking? TSK! TSK! TSK! Just kidding![8D]

I've heard of plastic things hanging from under the vehicle because I used to own a 1998 Nissan Maxima and noticed that thing, sort of, protruding from under the car. I found out that it was an underbody spash guard or protector and it had to be pulled down or moved so that the oil filter can be removed. If that is the same thing and you've had your oil changed recently, then it may not have been put it back correctly. I could be wrong, but I'd check with your local dealer.

As for the gas tank issue, this happened on my other car (350Z), but then it went away after a while. What you need to do is turn the nozzle upside down and it will fill up without stopping. I do this at every fill, but I know it will go away eventually.
Good luck!
Old 08-12-2005, 01:43 PM
tears_for_fears

ORIGINAL: jt14894

Sorry about the auto tranny issue, but you should've gotten a Manual. What are ya thinking? TSK! TSK! TSK! Just kidding![8D]

I've heard of plastic things hanging from under the vehicle because I used to own a 1998 Nissan Maxima and noticed that thing, sort of, protruding from under the car. I found out that it was an underbody spash guard or protector and it had to be pulled down or moved so that the oil filter can be removed. If that is the same thing and you've had your oil changed recently, then it may not have been put it back correctly. I could be wrong, but I'd check with your local dealer.

As for the gas tank issue, this happened on my other car (350Z), but then it went away after a while. What you need to do is turn the nozzle upside down and it will fill up without stopping. I do this at every fill, but I know it will go away eventually.
Good luck!
Oh god i WISH i could have gotten a manual, but wasnt my choice, it was a christmas present from my dad.

And thanks for that tip, i did have my oil changed about a week before it all happened.