Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First-time Mustang owner here

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Astonius

Default First-time Mustang owner here

Hi everyone, new member here. Just wanted to give a shout-out and maybe get some info from everyone. Last night I made my first ever Mustang (hell, first ever Ford!) purchase: A 2006 Saleen S281 SC

I traded in a 2010 Camaro SS for it, and it was the best decision ever. The Camaro was a POS. I think I'm in love

To be honest, I really don't know much about the specs, other than it's a supercharged beast. I was wondering if Saleen might have a database or something where I could find out its HP rating, the type of gears, suspension, etc.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Astonius

Sorry for overlooking the New Members forum :S Can a mod move?
Old 02-20-2011, 09:09 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Astonius
Sorry for overlooking the New Members forum :S Can a mod move?
Welcome, and I wouldn´t worry about it. Pic of car makes it valid here I´d think. The moderators to each section are listed at the very bottom as well when in that section´s main area, if you feel the need to ask them to move a thread or the like.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:43 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the board!
Well, don't sweat posting in the "wrong" forum, since your car IS an S197, you are actually in the right form too!

I totally love the body mods of your Saleen, the Saleen front end fascia is one of the ones I am considering buying and putting on my own car. That is, if they have them for '11 GTs yet.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Goochstang
1st Gear Member

That thing is sick! That would smoke a Camaro SS so bad.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:52 AM
ScoobyStang452

I don't care that Transformers was nothing but a GM commercial. When they threw in the S281E "To Punish and Enslave" Saleen GM was pissed!!! lol
I drove and rode in a '10 Camaro. Not impressed. Poor visibility, over rated and just ugly in my mind's eye. You did yourself a favor by going Ford. When GM was laying off people left and right, axing Pontiac and Saturn, selling their financial soul to China Ford remained strong. Two thumbs up bud!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Astonius

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I totally love the body mods of your Saleen, the Saleen front end fascia is one of the ones I am considering buying and putting on my own car. That is, if they have them for '11 GTs yet.
I think they do. The kit on the '11 S281 is sick!

Originally Posted by ScoobyStang452
I don't care that Transformers was nothing but a GM commercial. When they threw in the S281E "To Punish and Enslave" Saleen GM was pissed!!! lol
I drove and rode in a '10 Camaro. Not impressed. Poor visibility, over rated and just ugly in my mind's eye. You did yourself a favor by going Ford. When GM was laying off people left and right, axing Pontiac and Saturn, selling their financial soul to China Ford remained strong. Two thumbs up bud!!!
Definitely agree with the visibility aspect. So many blind spots.... Not to mention it felt puny. I really did love the styling of the Camaro, but this is just much more refined and the exterior is unique enough to set it apart from every other Mustang in town.

Thanks guys! The glovebox said the car has 3:55 gears, which IMO is good for me. I drove an '11 GT with 3:73 gears which was absolutely smoking, but this feels smoother and easier to drive as a DD.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:00 AM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.....very nice purchase.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:15 PM
ScoobyStang452

Originally Posted by Astonius

Thanks guys! The glovebox said the car has 3:55 gears, which IMO is good for me. I drove an '11 GT with 3:73 gears which was absolutely smoking, but this feels smoother and easier to drive as a DD.
Throw in a set of 4:10s and an Eaton Locker and really test your health insurance for whiplash claims!!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum! Sweet ride. Lot's of great info here.

Quick Reply: First-time Mustang owner here