Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HELP ME

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 04:42 PM
DubVChamp

Default HELP ME

I have a 2006 mustang gt and I just replaced the intake with a airaid cold air intake it was pretty easy and everything was going smooth but I cut the breather hose to install the new one and I got the breather hose fittings mixed up I think I'm not sure if I did or not does it matter? It's the hose from the intake to the valve cover I guess the hose fittings have numbers on them one is like a 8 I think and one is 2 help me out and when I turned of the car it sounded like something was leaking air or something to thy nature anybody who can help me feel free to try!
Old 12-29-2013, 04:43 PM
DubVChamp

They are the fitting with green clips
Old 12-29-2013, 05:15 PM
tbar
2nd Gear Member

The fitting on the passenger side plastic breather hose are smaller than the ones on the drivers side hose. Don't you just replace the passenger side with a supplied hose.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:11 PM
DubVChamp

Originally Posted by tbar
The fitting on the passenger side plastic breather hose are smaller than the ones on the drivers side hose. Don't you just replace the passenger side with a supplied hose.
Yes it was the passenger side I replaced the hose but the little things on the end they are plastic with green clips to release it what I'm asking is if it matters which one i use on either side of the hose because there are the plastic things on each end one connects to the intake one to the valve cover
Old 12-29-2013, 06:23 PM
tbar
2nd Gear Member

Shouldn't matter.