Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Does this scream D-bag?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 03:23 PM
DarthV8

Question Does this scream D-bag?

How do you guys feel about these stickers? I bought one acouple weeks ago and have yet to put it on because, I don't want to come off as some pompous jerk off. In my defense though, I live in a city where few people understand that it is a common courtesy for slower traffic to stay in the right lane on or off the highway.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:34 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarthV8

How do you guys feel about these stickers? I bought one acouple weeks ago and have yet to put it on because, I don't want to come off as some pompous jerk off. In my defense though, I live in a city where few people understand that it is a common courtesy for slower traffic to stay in the right lane on or off the highway.
I think you would get bothered by other d-bags for having that honestly. They will see the sign and most people's ego will cause them to think "fvck that guy, I WON'T move over." I'm just saying, you will probably get "trolled" by other drivers more often if you have that.

But honestly, I see why you got it- drivers in America are some of the worst I've seen in ANY 1st world country. In germany all I had to do was flash my brights or hit my left turn sig to signal people to get out of the way... So civilized over there. Anyway, there are better ways to get a-holes out of the left lane (honking is acceptable, and maybe brights?) But this will just encourage them to stay right where they are.

Again, I understand your situation but it's just not going to help in my opinion. Sorry man.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:43 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

haha, i love that, i NEED one of those, because Massachusetts is notorious for driving like that lmao
Old 09-08-2011, 04:21 PM
DarthV8

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
I think you would get bothered by other d-bags for having that honestly. They will see the sign and most people's ego will cause them to think "fvck that guy, I WON'T move over." I'm just saying, you will probably get "trolled" by other drivers more often if you have that.

But honestly, I see why you got it- drivers in America are some of the worst I've seen in ANY 1st world country. In germany all I had to do was flash my brights or hit my left turn sig to signal people to get out of the way... So civilized over there. Anyway, there are better ways to get a-holes out of the left lane (honking is acceptable, and maybe brights?) But this will just encourage them to stay right where they are.

Again, I understand your situation but it's just not going to help in my opinion. Sorry man.
No need for an apology this kind of honest opinion backed by explanation was exactly what I was hoping for when I opened the thread. You have a very solid point about the "trolls" that didn't occur to me. I swear the drivers here will see you put on your blinker to change lanes and stomp the gas as if to say "That **** ain't about to happen today, so don't even try it". Anyone else care to chime in on this subject?
Old 09-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

I think it's funny but I doubt it will be very effective at all.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

New Orleans has the worst drivers in the world. People don't even get out of the fast lane on the freeway. They think it's just another lane. I like the sticker, but would never put it on my car simply because I don't want my car to look like crap, lol.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:42 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I like it. I wish I had one that flashes in neon colors when I am behind some dumbass talking on the cell phone while driving in the passing lane.

To me, idiots texting or on the phone while driving in the left lane are the D-bags in dire need of a T-bagging by big nasty sweaty hairy sacs.
I hate those people and I am not shy to honk long and hard on the horn to let them know my displeasure. Especially when they are doing it during rush hour and only making already bad traffic conditions worse.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:28 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

I think that it is hilarious, but wouldn't put it on my car. The problem seems that people don't even use their mirrors by the way they drive therefore being a waste to even put it on your car.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:46 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
I like the sticker, but would never put it on my car simply because I don't want my car to look like crap, lol.

Bingo!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

I don't have a problem with it. Although, it's a little blunt for my taste.

15 years ago, I saw a 1977 Trans Am that pulled up behind me with a decal that read "slower traffic keep to right". I thought it was pretty cool and a subtle way of reminding people about common courtesy when driving.

Unfortunately, we live in an age of ignorance. The people who DO notice the your decal are the ones that were already going to move aside for you. The ones that continue to block you will not notice it at all.

Quick Reply: Does this scream D-bag?