Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Next mod?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 08:16 PM
2009 Eleanor
2nd Gear Member

Default Next mod?!?

Alright,
I have that itch again to mod my car. Appearance and interior are already done modding. So, what performance mod should I do next?? I want it to be under $250... I was thinking of doing off road x pipe?
I could do a roll control kit for around 200?
What performance mod should I do that will help my 1/4 mile times??? And no, do not say buy wheels and tires. I want a mod that I can use all the time, not just at the track like a set of slicks...
Old 04-18-2013, 08:32 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

used nitrous kit?
electric water pump.
port your throttle body.
underdrive pulley.
The roll control would be good for the twisties, probably won't help your 1/4, but it will be noticeable everyday.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:34 PM
2009 Eleanor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
used nitrous kit?
electric water pump.
port your throttle body.
underdrive pulley.
The roll control would be good for the twisties, probably won't help your 1/4, but it will be noticeable everyday.
Whoops....
Hurst roll control=burnout switch
Old 04-19-2013, 01:48 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

With 430 gears do you have any traction at the drags? Tires are the most important part when wanting consistant ETs. Longtube headers gave me 2 tenths, cams gave me 2 more. Supercharger took off a second. Unfortunately $250 isnt gonna do that much. An X pipe wont help your times but may sound better depending on your setup. I say save your cash and get headers when you have more. Pypes are under $600.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:36 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2009 Eleanor
Alright,
I have that itch again to mod my car. Appearance and interior are already done modding. So, what performance mod should I do next?? I want it to be under $250... I was thinking of doing off road x pipe?
I could do a roll control kit for around 200?
What performance mod should I do that will help my 1/4 mile times??? And no, do not say buy wheels and tires. I want a mod that I can use all the time, not just at the track like a set of slicks...
This is the ORX I'm using. It sounds nice and makes good power.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-o...x-pipe-05.html
Old 04-19-2013, 08:44 PM
2009 Eleanor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
used nitrous kit?
electric water pump.
port your throttle body.
underdrive pulley.
Originally Posted by UPRSharad
This is the ORX I'm using. It sounds nice and makes good power.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-o...x-pipe-05.html
Is this a direct bolt on replacement?? I know pypes makes an orx for around $190 through am. Any idea how the power of pypes would compare to upr??
I have cervini exhaust which has some pypes parts on it. I kinda want to keep it all the same manufacturer. Any input on power and sound difference between the two?? Or will they essentially be the same?
Old 04-23-2013, 03:51 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2009 Eleanor
Is this a direct bolt on replacement?? I know pypes makes an orx for around $190 through am. Any idea how the power of pypes would compare to upr??
I have cervini exhaust which has some pypes parts on it. I kinda want to keep it all the same manufacturer. Any input on power and sound difference between the two?? Or will they essentially be the same?
My honest opinion is that you probably wouldn't hear or feel a difference between the two, but ours is less expensive and it carries a Lifetime Guarantee.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Mustang Saber

i would throw in a new performance chip kick up the power and torque check that bad bow out

http://www.cjponyparts.com/SCT-4-PRO...ccw4AodEh8Ayg/
Old 04-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Mustang Saber

if i had the money i would change out the cams for some nice racing cams, port and polish, bigger fuel injectors, a new brain, then pro charge it, and you would have a fun street machine
Old 04-23-2013, 05:53 PM
krazykevin
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Saber
i would throw in a new performance chip kick up the power and torque check that bad bow out

http://www.cjponyparts.com/SCT-4-PRO...ccw4AodEh8Ayg/

This only works up to 2004. So you would have to get a full hand held tuner, but I assume you are already tuned OP.

Quick Reply: Next mod?!?