Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

superchips....

Old 10-08-2005, 07:37 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default superchips....

hey guys...

as my info on mods grew biggeR I heard people saying that the xct xcabilator (spell ? ) is a good thing to start with...ok i agree but i have some little questions about it ?

when using it ? should it be connected to a laptop ?
and should it be connected to my car at all times ? or just connect tune and then disconnect ?
when tunning my car if i like used any numbers or something would that damage my car ?
and my last question is after using this mod for a long time with my stock motor would it have any harm on the pistons or cranks or these stuff ?

thanks....and ohh btw what is the best combination of CAI'S ?
Old 10-10-2005, 11:11 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

Default RE: superchips....

i have a xcal2 from Lidio at Alternative Auto in MI. the difference in my '06 auto gt was incredible. the car had 95 miles on it when i installed the tune. went to the track 2 days later and ran 13.71 101mph. the xcal2 plugs in the obd2 port under the dash then load the tune and unplug. it doesn't require a laptop and unless the dealer you buy from gives some crazy user adjustments you can't do anything that will damage the engine. you have to buy one before you do any other mods anyway.

Search this Thread