Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Help 2013 5.0 mustang #13 fuse under the hoods instantly blowing

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 05:34 PM
Ashley Marie Moses

Default Help 2013 5.0 mustang #13 fuse under the hoods instantly blowing

I have been driving my boyfriends car for two weeks, that's sat for almost 2 years. I went to start it a couple days ago and it won't turn over, there no umppp behind the gas pedal. #13 fuel fuse under the hood was blown I replaced that, it let me drive a day then blew again now instantly blowing fuses when trying to turn over.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:40 PM
imp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ashley Marie Moses
I have been driving my boyfriends car for two weeks, that's sat for almost 2 years. I went to start it a couple days ago and it won't turn over, there no umppp behind the gas pedal. #13 fuel fuse under the hood was blown I replaced that, it let me drive a day then blew again now instantly blowing fuses when trying to turn over.

Not sure just what that fuse "feeds", but it sounds as though a short circuit exists somewhere in the wiring to the fuel pump, or the pump itself may be at fault. A good Tech. with electrical savvy could narrow this down to cause using a good Ohmmeter. The method would involve measuring the electrical resistance to Ground between the Load side of the fuse, with fuse REMOVED (!), if high resistance is found, then measure pump winding resistance, both coil resistance, and resistance to ground. imp
Old 09-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Ashley Marie Moses

Default Car won't start, #13 fuel fuse instantly blowing

Old 09-10-2017, 06:43 PM
JimC

Ashley please don't start multiple threads on the same topic. One is sufficient.