Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Winters Here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 11:45 PM
05 Pony

Default Winters Here!

Winter is here (Winnipeg, Manitoba) and I'm glad I've got my X-ice winter radials on my 05 GT. Anyone else dealing with winter conditions yet?
Old 11-16-2005, 12:24 AM
DR8907
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Winters Here!

Not quite yet... but I'm parking my car as soon as the salt comes out.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:25 AM
TomsEleanor
1st Gear Member

05 pony, are you really gonna drive your car where you live during winter months? if your serious, your my freakin HERO! im here in DC and ive already decided if theres any real snow this winter my car is staying in the driveway. your a TROOPER DUDE! MAD PROPS!
Old 11-16-2005, 01:20 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

i'm around dc also but you got to remember people up there know how to drive in the snow. around us alot of peoples last vehicle was a burro. a car ? snow ? they wear sandals in the winter how good can they be at winter driving? the salt doesn't worry me it's the idiot who bought the escalade with the 26" rims and summer tires doing 80 because it's a 4 wheel drive. saw two last year rough side up on the side of 270
Old 11-16-2005, 03:33 AM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

oh my god...i am in houston and winter has finally come...it officially hit 55 degrees tonight, but i am still gonna drive my car in the cold. i'm being sarcastic guys, i hate texas weather. it was 85 degrees this afternoon and now it is 55; crazy crazy crazy, but i still bet it will be sunny and higher than 70 on christmas day...oh how i envy you guys that actually get to have a white christmas: WHATS THAT LIKE???
Old 11-16-2005, 10:41 AM
gregsdart
1st Gear Member

...oh how i envy you guys that actually get to have a white christmas: WHATS THAT LIKE???

Your tongue sticks to the flagpole,glasses frost up, there are shrinkage problems,(AKASienfeld!),it is a cold walk to the outhouse, and it is hard to tell if you did a good job on the paper work if all you have left are the shiny pages in the SEARS catolog!![sm=smiley36.gif]
Old 11-16-2005, 12:25 PM
BlackRaptor
1st Gear Member

Winter has set in here too (MN) it's slick out. Most people have put there mustangs away. I know for sure my new mustang will not see winter.

I've driven in the winter all my driving life and am use to it but i don't don't like rear wheel drive when it's slick out.
nothing makes you pucker like going down the freeway and having your tail come lose and start coming around on you. I've had that happen so many times when my trucks where not in 4X4.

that will turn you white with fear at 75.

My girlfriend just got an 02 mustang V6 auto and she has never driven a rear wheel drive car in the winter.
Kind of worried about her.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:42 PM
paulstang
3rd Gear Member

well winter has hit hard in south dakota i have already gotten my car stuck and now i cant get it home and it is 8 degrees below zero welocome to good old south dakota
Old 11-16-2005, 03:03 PM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spyder7724

i'm around dc also but you got to remember people up there know how to drive in the snow. around us alot of peoples last vehicle was a burro. a car ? snow ? they wear sandals in the winter how good can they be at winter driving? the salt doesn't worry me it's the idiot who bought the escalade with the 26" rims and summer tires doing 80 because it's a 4 wheel drive. saw two last year rough side up on the side of 270
What time are you on the road? I'm on 270 south from Clarksville Rd to Bethesda about 5:40am, and heading back up the road about 3:15pm or so...

I road my car daily through the snow last season and it did just fine. But I was dumping quarters into the car wash every other day to keep the crap off the vehicle. Looking for a cheap used truck right now for Dec-March.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:29 PM
newownerof72
1st Gear Member

It's actually cold here in North Texas today, about 40-45. That's cold to me. I don't know what I would do if I lived up north, probably freeze my tush off!

Quick Reply: Winters Here!