Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

TORQUE NANNY?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 09:16 PM
TomsEleanor
1st Gear Member

Default TORQUE NANNY?

i was reading posts on another site and i came across one that was kinda interesting and i wanted to know if anyone here had any more info on the subject. the post was from a guy who wanted to know why his 06 GT wouldnt smoke or spin tires from a slow roll in 1st gear. ive wondered the same myself. some of the guys there said that theres some kind of torque limiter that ford programmed in to keep from havin to replace tranny, clutch, engine and other parts left and right. if true that means they advertise 300 ponies and 320lb/ft of torque but dont let you tap into it all WTF? any of you guys heard of this or know anything about it? info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:30 PM
M
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: TORQUE NANNY?

ORIGINAL: TomsEleanor

i was reading posts on another site and i came across one that was kinda interesting and i wanted to know if anyone here had any more info on the subject. the post was from a guy who wanted to know why his 06 GT wouldnt smoke or spin tires from a slow roll in 1st gear. ive wondered the same myself. some of the guys there said that theres some kind of torque limiter that ford programmed in to keep from havin to replace tranny, clutch, engine and other parts left and right. if true that means they advertise 300 ponies and 320lb/ft of torque but dont let you tap into it all WTF? any of you guys heard of this or know anything about it? info would be greatly appreciated.
turn off the traction control...
Old 12-22-2005, 09:36 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

I think your talking about the torque management in the auto trans. i reduces torque during shifts. My auto spins tires fine from a stop with or without traction control. with traction off they dont stop spinning until they eventually hook up. After my tune my shifts are fast and firm.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:43 PM
shep987

He does bring up an interesting point, my gt 5 speed manual, in a straight line letting out the clutch normally then romping on the gas will not break loose. I know that it has a limited slip but I would think with 300 ponies pushing those stock tires it would break loose. Is the traction that good? Of course this is with TCS off.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:46 PM
TomsEleanor
1st Gear Member

M from what these guys said that doesnt turn it off, you have to get a tune and turn the "torque managment" or something like that down from 1 to 0. REN, i can smoke my tires forever from a stop but from like a 5 mph roll they dont seem to want to. thanks for the responses so far tho guys.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:50 PM
shep987

Toms Eleanor when you talk about getting a tune are you talking about the Diablosport?
Old 12-22-2005, 10:09 PM
TomsEleanor
1st Gear Member

shep i believe the post i read was about the sct but i could be wrong.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:14 PM
shep987

But that is what your talking about, something like the Diablosport?
Old 12-23-2005, 12:16 AM
TomsEleanor
1st Gear Member

yea, i believe the guy on the post said the place he took to tune his car had to turn the torque management down to 0, and i think he said it was with a handheld tuner. i could be completely wrong, ill look for the post and see if i can put the link up.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:25 AM
M
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TomsEleanor

M from what these guys said that doesnt turn it off, you have to get a tune and turn the "torque managment" or something like that down from 1 to 0. REN, i can smoke my tires forever from a stop but from like a 5 mph roll they dont seem to want to. thanks for the responses so far tho guys.
I'll check it out with the guy who wrote my tune, but even prior to that with my 5 speed i was able to do so but I did get the rpm's up.... Just my aggressive driving..hehe

But again, I will check with the shop I got my tuner from, he did say it really woke up the automatics more than they expected and specifically mentioned how they would now just spin in second and bark third where they never would before.

thats what great about these forums always learning something new

Quick Reply: TORQUE NANNY?