Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just take delivery on your 05-14 GT? Brag here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 04:15 PM
mhconley
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Just take delivery on your 05-07 GT? Brag here!

Just drove mine home on Saturday, February 23rd. Got caught in the rain and now she already needs a wash...

Martin
Old 03-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Atlanta_Tider
2nd Gear Member

Traded in my 06 Maxima yesterday on the new GT. Wife has always wanted a mustang and I have missed my old fox body for too long. I was just about to buy a new C6 Corvette but decided to wait another year or so and get the wife what she has always wanted. She can't drive a stick (or be taught!!) so we opted for the auto . We are sharing this one so I get to mod it like I want!
Came home and ordered 3:73 gears, JLT CAI, Diabla Predator and Bamachip race tune, off road h pipe, Flowmasters and Eibach lowering springs. Tint gets done on the windows on Tuesdays! We are both excited and I am taking her to the drag strip for the 1st time next month for a Fun Ford Weekend!

Old 03-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

ORIGINAL: Atlanta_Tider
Wife has always wanted a mustang and I have missed my old fox body for too long. I was just about to buy a new C6 Corvette but decided to wait another year or so and get the wife what she has always wanted. She can't drive a stick (or be taught!!) so we opted for the auto . We are sharing this one so I get to mod it like I want!
Came home and ordered 3:73 gears, JLT CAI, Diabla Predator and Bamachip race tune, off road h pipe, Flowmasters and Eibach lowering springs. Tint gets done on the windows on Tuesdays! We are both excited and I am taking her to the drag strip for the 1st time next month for a Fun Ford Weekend!
Congrats! Smart man keeping the wife happy. She has good taste on all accounts.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Atlanta_Tider
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Margarita Girl

ORIGINAL: Atlanta_Tider
Wife has always wanted a mustang and I have missed my old fox body for too long. I was just about to buy a new C6 Corvette but decided to wait another year or so and get the wife what she has always wanted. She can't drive a stick (or be taught!!) so we opted for the auto . We are sharing this one so I get to mod it like I want!
Congrats! Smart man keeping the wife happy. She has good taste on all accounts.
I am pretty smart!! Although my new C6 Vette was almost a reality! Its ok I still have my C4 convertible in the garage! Its the best of both worlds. I have been a Stang enthusiast for years and have not had one in years! Not to mention it was a pretty good feeling to come home and order so many parts again [8D]
Old 03-16-2008, 08:50 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Friday the 14th this came home. One day short of 7 weeks after putting down a deposit against ordering the combination we were after. Sorry it's only a thumbnail, but that's the best I can do at the moment. And yeah, that's me.

It wasn't until I read Atlanta_Tider's posts above that I gave any notice at all to the OE antenna (it's 32" tall). I'd never even noticed it either driving, just looking at the car, or even while snapping a couple of pictures(maybe the antenna being black against a black car has something to do with that - it just seems to disappear). Though I did notice the outline horse above the inside rearview mirror. Go figure.

[IMG]local://upfiles/62186/FAF0DEEB1E9D44AE81149CD487E4C2D7.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-17-2008, 05:29 PM
firemedix911
2nd Gear Member

Well I got her. It's an 08 performance white GT/CS. Lots of options. Love her. I got her on sunday and drove it all the way from Tampa to miami. I was impress with the handling and the overall performance of the car. Already thinking about the mods. I definately need to get the CAI/tunner to wake her up. Then some gears and catback exhaust. Still debating to get a Procharger. I'll enjoy her like that for now.

I have to upload the pics to my computer I havent had time.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:14 AM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Hey guys,
Just took delivery of my GT yesterday. I've been considering a mustang for a long time, probably a year and a half or more, but decided last march that a new F150 would be more practical for my current needs. I have since moved and changed jobs and the truck was no longer needed and, although I took a huge hit, I traded the truck in almost exactly 1 year latter for what I have longed for. Even going far into the negative w/ my truck I can't say as I'm sorry. I really love the looks and the feel of the car(although I wished I could have gottena spoiler delete) and I can't wait to start ruining my current mpgs.
Besides If I really need to haul or tow something, my F2 is more then cappable of that!
Old 03-28-2008, 12:20 PM
LICobra

I ordered a 2008 Vapor Silver Mustang GT premium package/spoiler delete and 18" polished wheels. The week before it came in I was lucky enoughto sell my 2001 Mustang GT and did not have to trade it in.

Before delivery I had the dealer send it out for a CDC ShakerHood, I changed the wheels to 18" Black Bullitts and installed a CDC Chin Spoiler.....the dealer did buy the polished wheelsback at a discounted price!!

It then went to the local body shop for the 69' Mach1 treatment and blacked out tail light panel with tinted lenses.

This past tuesdayit went back to the dealer for a steering rack leak, the leaks seems to be taken care of. Since it's back from the dealer it developed a rattle in the pass door.

It drives so much nicer then the 2001, no comparison

[IMG]local://upfiles/93082/71986271EE2945DA847AF5C4C965E441.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/93082/0FF549EC2A5141328855F7A54463A203.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/93082/1DA964472F3143038256904269957BA6.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-08-2008, 07:50 PM
huskydog

Taking delivery tomorrow on my first mustang. 2006 GT Premium, Convertible, 13k miles bought used from a local dealer. White/Black, auto.

Anything I should look out for or be aware of?

[IMG]local://upfiles/95121/B26CB08A874B4AA490B86D78043699BF.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

Love the spoiler delete!

Quick Reply: Just take delivery on your 05-14 GT? Brag here!