Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 12:42 AM
Speedeamon15
2nd Gear Member

Default GT

Well i finaly decided i am going to get the GT over a 6 it is a few xtra bucks but worth it. I am going to get an 05 black with leather interior. I would like the accent package can any one help me decide what options i should look for i know i want a stick. And the shaker 1000 would be nice also what inch subs are on that. Aprechiate all opinions and help thanx
Brett
Old 02-01-2006, 01:07 AM
Pennstate57
1st Gear Member

Default RE: GT

well I got the black with the red interior. Its great, it looks really good, I would say the best color leather for a black car.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:29 AM
emt4fire1951

Traded in the 2002 Gt Convertable, silver for an 06 black/black GT vert. 1000 shaker, interior upgrade, 18" chromes. One sweet ride. One week old and wife and I have big grins. Great car, lots of compliments. Just put the Mac axle backs on 2 hours ago, Awsome sound. You can't go wrong my friend.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:45 AM
slak05gt
2nd Gear Member

Get it loaded, you're already spending extra for the GT model. But get Bullit wheels, the premium ones are lame.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:33 AM
Speedeamon15
2nd Gear Member

ok so let me get this straight do i have to get an interios upgrade to get the accent package and then i know thier is one more does anoyone know what i consists of and what the diference is between deluxe and premium
Old 02-01-2006, 03:23 AM
emt4fire1951

Go to http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/ and build your car. Gives you the options, colors etc. And I agree, get the 18" polished bullits.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

Hi Speedeamon,

A quick clarification: the Premium is the higher end GT, and with it you get the Shaker500 automatically (which I think is a pretty decent sounding factory system). The IUP (Interior Upgrade Package) is about a $500 option (if memory serves me well) and gets you all the brushed aluminum stuff--dash, steering wheel, door handle, door sill, etc. There are other interior packages that cost less, but in my opinion, they don't look as nice and all things considered the cost of the IUP is pretty low. You don't have to have a Premium GT to get any of the interior upgrades. A nice resource for this is the Ford website where you can "build" your car and see all the MSRP costs for these.

Now I'm going to give you my heartfelt opinion and probably step on some toes--do not get the Shaker1000 upgrade. The cost is super-super inflated for what you get. Please keep in mind there is a lot of advertising hype in the way Ford has grouped their stereo system. The "500" and "1000" stand for maximum wattage, not RMS wattage (which gives you a more realistic account of power your system has). That said, for the $1,100+ the Shaker1000 costs, all you get is a 250W RMS amp and two 10" subs (for a sudden burst of power you'll see the max output go as high as 500W max, and so you add the 500W max from the Shaker500 system to get your 1000W max rating). The rest of the Shaker1000's "premium" speakers are the same as the Shaker500's system--and even that is really only an upgrade for the door speakers (a plate system instead of a 2-way 6x8", which incidentally is the same speaker they use in the rear deck of the Shaker500 and 1000 systems). You're paying way too much for what you get, and you did say money was a factor.

One can easily add a premium 500W RMS amp (an additional 1000 W max to the Shaker500...a "Shaker1500"?), two premium 10" subs (or 12" if you like), a capacitor, fuse block, enclosure, etc., all for less than $1,000, if (and here's the catch) you shop around and do the work yourself. (In fact, I'm being conservative, you could add a 1000W RMS system, run 2500W max on burst of music and blow your taillights out the back of the car for the cost of the Shaker1000.) It isn't hard work, it isn't voodoo science, what you need to learn is readily accessible, and it's fun. Heck! If you're in the Chicago area, I'll even help you build a nice custom enclosure w/raised running pony, neon lights, blah, blah blah, whatever your fancy. Just please just don't get the Shaker1000.

No offense meant to those who sprung for the Shaker1000, I just don't see the value unless you really shy away from doing your own work and shopping around.

Best,
-j
Old 02-01-2006, 12:05 PM
FrdMstnggt99

Shaker 1000 has 2 10" bad *** subs in the passenger side of the trunk! No complaints here
Old 02-01-2006, 02:45 PM
crewwolfy
2nd Gear Member

I got a black/black GT. I cream my pants everytime I sit down. I wouldn't go for either shaker system though. For the money it costs, you could aftermarket a very nice sound system. Or better yet, put that $$ towards performance parts!
Old 02-01-2006, 02:53 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

Awesome that you decided on the GT! You can't go wrong and you will be so stoked at the power and extra stuff it has. I LOVE mine! Sometimes I drive without the stereo on just so I can hear the exhaust. Pretty funny coming from a girl eh?! I love cars (Mustangs especially)!

I ended up with a Shaker 1000 cuz it happened to already be in the last Sonic Blue GT available in my area. I was glad to find out that the shaker sub in the trunk doesn't have to be on. You can turn the thump on or off. Music still comes through it but you just choose if it is max power or not. I am a rocker at heart and would have probably taken the 500 if I had ordered the car....however, I have played my rock CDs and turned the shaker on and it sounds like a freakin' concert in the car! Overall the sound is awesome with the 1000 and the sub in the trunk doesn't take away very much room.