Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

IUP....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: IUP....

Hmmm, I'm still not sure Ghost...

Sad Story: So I'm the only one to have driven my car for the first 500 miles. I give top honors to my oldest daughter to be the first to drive it besides me. She sits down, reaches for the seatbelt, swings it around and just SLAMS it into the steering wheel. Effect: big gouge in the spoke. [:@] Damn lucky she's my little girl.

After looking at the damage, the gouge looks like a gouge in soft aluminum, not plastic. Who knows, maybe it's a newer plastic, but if so, it's doing a nice job of looking and acting like aluminum. Just an observation.

Best,
-john
Old 02-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Haha, wow. Was she excited or nervous? Maybe it's just me but I don't think see why someone has to pull the seatbelt out that far... Though then again I'm a somewhat tall guy so the seat is back for the most part. That sucks though! Though personally I thought the whole damn interior was plastic, minus the leather. Oh, and I got a defect on my driver's seat, which was there when I bought it.. Seems the leather was like... rubbed roughly or something because it just screwed up this small little spot on the side facing the door. Oh well though.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

Hey Menace,

Yeah, she was nervous, and she's little so she was pretty close to the steering wheel. Well at least now everytime I see the mark, I think of her--now I just smile.

-j
Old 02-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Haha, yeah... you can't exactly be mad at Daddy's little girl for too long...
Old 02-24-2006, 11:34 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Philostang

Hmmm, I'm still not sure Ghost...

Sad Story: So I'm the only one to have driven my car for the first 500 miles. I give top honors to my oldest daughter to be the first to drive it besides me. She sits down, reaches for the seatbelt, swings it around and just SLAMS it into the steering wheel. Effect: big gouge in the spoke. [:@] Damn lucky she's my little girl.

After looking at the damage, the gouge looks like a gouge in soft aluminum, not plastic. Who knows, maybe it's a newer plastic, but if so, it's doing a nice job of looking and acting like aluminum. Just an observation.

Best,
-john
yeah once after i parked and pulled the keys out, i was jamming and start playing air drums with the keys and the steering wheel. oops.... now i got about 7-8 little dents in it lol
Old 02-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Haha, not so smart.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:40 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

yeah after the song ended i saw the wheel and was like DAMN.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:53 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I have noticed the kick panel is a bit cheap... Scratches pretty easy... I was vacuuming and the tip put some light scratches on the surface.. I didn't really care to see if it was capable of being buffed away or not... probably not though.