Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Mach set up help

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:47 PM
FELEN
1st Gear Member

Default Mach set up help

i got an 03 azure blue mach 1 im lookin into the next mod but not sure what to get....

so far i got a slp cat back, K&N gen 2 intake and a diablo sport tune... n e advice on what to get next??

also im lookin for some wider wheels.... what would lo0k go0d??

thanx

Old 09-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Mach set up help

Welcome! 4.10 Gears and a nice X-Pipe or H-pipe to compliment your cat-back. Off-road pipes will give the most gains (and noise).
Old 09-18-2007, 12:07 AM
FELEN
1st Gear Member

thanx for the welcome....

yea i was lookin into 4.10 gears but a friend a mine said they werent really that good when used on a daily driver....

also for the x pipe i was going to get an o/r but its way to loud....dont want to get n e more tickets..lol....

so i was thinkin slp catted x pipe....
Old 09-18-2007, 12:39 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Catted ones are good, supposedly it's only about a 5hp difference between cats or no cats. I was worried about putting 4.10s in mine too since it is my DD. I only went up 300rpms at 70mph. I am very pleased with the new acceleration. It revs way quicker now and gets into the powerband.No top end was sacrificed either, just traction. I really can't tell any difference in MPGs either (although it had to go down 2-3+mpg). You won't regret it, Machs have a high 5th gear that helps alot on the highway. I'm at 2k rpms at 70mph with 4.10s.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:12 AM
FELEN
1st Gear Member

ohh ok then i think i am going to end up getting the 4.10's ..... im also looking into getting a mgw short throw shifter seeing as my friends just got thiers and i ended up llikeing them.... my friend has an 03 cobra and ma other friend has a 89 5.0

i think some slp headers are also in ma machs future...

n e idea on what rims i should get???
Old 09-18-2007, 04:14 AM
FELEN
1st Gear Member

also i forgot to ask....do u know any site or something where i could be able to get another diablo sport tune other then taking it to the shop?? not really looking to spend that much money on a tune if i can get it off of someone cheaper or even free lolz
Old 09-18-2007, 07:55 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I have an MGW, I love it. I really don't know about where you can send your programmer. I don't really have much experience with them since I stick with the dyno tunes. It is from a different car right? If so, did you return the old car back to stock?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Baron von Munchausen
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FELEN

also i forgot to ask....do u know any site or something where i could be able to get another diablo sport tune other then taking it to the shop?? not really looking to spend that much money on a tune if i can get it off of someone cheaper or even free lolz
There are several excellent DiabloSport tunersavailable online, but they all require at least some dyno and datalogging information to write a useful tune for your specific vehicle.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:49 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stone629

Welcome! 4.10 Gears and a nice X-Pipe or H-pipe to compliment your cat-back. Off-road pipes will give the most gains (and noise).
I'd stay away from the O/R Pipe if you run SLP's. A buddy of mine has SLP's w/ a Catted X and it sounds AMAZING! Yeah it's still loud but it's clean too, none of that snap/crackle/pop bull**** you get w/ the O/R & SLP's. And 4:10's w/ the 32v cars are crazy. My buddy has an 03 Mach w/ 4:10's and boy did it wake that car up. He dropped 4 tenth's in the quarter w/ the gears alone...
Old 09-18-2007, 09:46 PM
FELEN
1st Gear Member

hmmm i think ima have to look for a place where they do dyno tuning near my house....

yea so i guess the 4.10's are a must and i am going to get the mgw and the catted x pipe....thanx guyz....

if u guys got n e more advice i would reallly appreciate it....

Quick Reply: Mach set up help