Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Borla Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:40 AM
cesar5571
1st Gear Member

Default Borla Exhaust?

I am currently looking at the Borla Stinger Exhaust bolt-on for my '03 Mach 1. I want something that looks nice, lasts a long time, and maintains, yet improves on, the American Muscle growl of the stock exhaust. Is this a good choice? I don't want an exhaust system that sounds like an angry bee, much like you hear these days on ricers. Any suggestions or alternatives? Thanks!
Old 09-25-2007, 11:13 AM
5speedstang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Borla Exhaust?

i wouldnt go with the borla stingers. i would go with the borla xr1. go to youtube and type in 2001 cobra, there is a black cobra with kooks longtubes off road pipe and borla xr1 they sound amazing. a little pricy but worth the sound.

or if your keeping the stock mid pipe get the slp lm1. my buddy has them on his and they sound amazing wit hthe stock mid pipe.

or you can do off road h pipe with flowmaster super 44s that sounds really good too.

its all up to you and what you want to do with your exhaust. everyone will say something sounds better than something else. but what really matters is if you like it.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:43 AM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5speedstang

i wouldnt go with the borla stingers. i would go with the borla xr1. go to youtube and type in 2001 cobra, there is a black cobra with kooks longtubes off road pipe and borla xr1 they sound amazing. a little pricy but worth the sound.

or if your keeping the stock mid pipe get the slp lm1. my buddy has them on his and they sound amazing wit hthe stock mid pipe.

or you can do off road h pipe with flowmaster super 44s that sounds really good too.

its all up to you and what you want to do with your exhaust. everyone will say something sounds better than something else. but what really matters is if you like it.

+1... Good call Nick...
Old 09-28-2007, 05:49 PM
nikbait
3rd Gear Member

Borla stingers sound nice imo. Guess its all just on what you want ur car to sound like
Old 09-28-2007, 06:44 PM
MACH5IVE
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5speedstang

I think thekooks play a big role in the sound of that exhaust!
Old 09-28-2007, 08:26 PM
5speedstang
4th Gear Member

weither it be kooks or bbk headers make cars sound so much better.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:50 PM
MACH5IVE
3rd Gear Member

Very true! Lt's are the key to a bad *** exhaust! I'd still like to hear those xr-1's with just and o/r x or h.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:23 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MACH5IVE

Very true! Lt's are the key to a bad *** exhaust! I'd still like to hear those xr-1's with just and o/r x or h.
Yeah me too!
Old 09-29-2007, 06:30 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

If you want muscle...
IMO no straight through (Magnapacks, Stingers, Loudmouts) will cut it.
All of them get too loud up top and almost have the sound of muscular rice lol

I'm switching back to a chambered exhaust (Flowmaster, MAC, MRT)and will be purchasing some longtubes and a catted h-pipe.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:49 PM
5speedstang
4th Gear Member

im throwing longtubes and off road h on mine this winter. maybe switching out the cat back for some super 44s

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust?