Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

sold some stuff and got some money

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 06:21 PM
5speedstang
4th Gear Member

Default sold some stuff and got some money

so i sold some stuff ive been wanting to sell and i got a few extra dollars outta it. so i have about 550 to spend.

option a. raptor shift light, drag radials
option b. raptor shift light, upper and lower control arms.

im also getting trans fluid and oil so im leaning towards a but well see whats up.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:12 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

Default RE: sold some stuff and got some money

Go w/ A...

C'mon if my Nitto's cured my nasty wheel hop, then you don't need those C/A's just yet; your car doesn't spin THAT bad...

You'll hook up great w/ DR's on the street w/ the power you have right now, and the shift light will be great for the shifts.

But what about gears?? My 4:10's are going in on the 20th, the date is set....
Old 10-08-2007, 07:13 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

Oh and BTW, go w/ the Redline D4 ATF for the tranny fluid. Smoothed my shifts out real niceand it doen't ever really grind when it's cold like it used too. Very well spent $45...
Old 10-08-2007, 09:17 PM
01snake
5th Gear Member

gear +1

Old 10-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Go with option A. DRs area must for Machs! Gears are awesome too (which is what I'd do with
$550), but without DRs, they won't give youmuch gain in quarter mile ET due to traction, although they will make you faster. Now gears AND DRs= half second in the quarter. Anyway, option A.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:55 PM
5speedstang
4th Gear Member

well at the track im running on slicks. and i forgot to say a very good member on here is going with a kb on his gt so he wants to trade my 3.55 for his 4.10s. so gears will be in when he buys the kb this winter. so dr is what i decided on. but i dont know if i wana go with bfg or mt. they wont be on the car every day.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:51 AM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5speedstang

well at the track im running on slicks. and i forgot to say a very good member on here is going with a kb on his gt so he wants to trade my 3.55 for his 4.10s. so gears will be in when he buys the kb this winter. so dr is what i decided on. but i dont know if i wana go with bfg or mt. they wont be on the car every day.
Wait so you're going to buy the DR's but not run them everyday? What's the point? You won't need them for the track because you already have slicks so if your worried about tread life then go w/ the Nitto's. I love mine, I've got about 6k on them now w/ 10 or so runs at the track and I've still got half tread life or more left. If you're going to get DR's then get them for all the time...
Old 10-09-2007, 02:41 PM
5speedstang
4th Gear Member

mickey thompsons you dont wanan drive in the rain. its like your on ice. and i still have those kdws that are like brand new so im gunna put those on in the ****ty weather.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:19 AM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

I've got stuck in the rain w/ my Nitto's and it's just like driving any other stang in the rain. The only way you'll spin out or whatnot is if you start to screw around in the rain. Just driving it normal in the rain there were no issues. I'm telling you man the Nitto's are the way to go, they last a good amount of time and work well in the rain and stuff (just don't screw around, then you'll be on ice).
Old 10-10-2007, 10:50 AM
5speedstang
4th Gear Member

let me know how those nittos are when you get your 4.10s thats the only thing im worried about. i know a guy with a cobra with just cai tune and ehxuast. had nittos they worked fine he got 4.10s and he hated em.

but i get my shift light this week sometime

Quick Reply: sold some stuff and got some money