Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Mach 1 supercharger!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 04:34 AM
Red horse

Default Mach 1 supercharger!

Hi there guys, well this is my first post and i would liketo have your great advise for my 2003Mustang Mach 1..

My name is Ahmad,
firstly i would like to share with you whats on my Mustang:

1- SLP Headers long
2- X-pipe
3- Steeda Pully
4- Diablo programmer
5- K&N Air intake

Well, with these few things, it is running good and fast but actually i am thinking to install a supercharger.., but i am confeused in chossing which model or brand? and i need it for the street, 6 to 8 psi.

Please advise me if you know what is the best.

Thanks a lot

Old 11-20-2007, 09:39 AM
1fstmach
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mach 1 supercharger!

Pullies are Mach killers and worthless imo

And want a SuperCharger: Look into Procharger
Old 11-20-2007, 09:57 PM
B.O.B MACH 1
1st Gear Member

Super chargers are less money, but TURBO is the way to go.. thats what im saving up for. Hellion makes a nice single kit and hp performance makes a nice twin turbo kit.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:31 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Supercharger: Procharger or Vortech are probably the best for the lower psi.
I'm not sure what the minimum psi for a Kenne Bell supercharger would be but that would be one wicked route to go!
Old 11-20-2007, 11:46 PM
MACH5IVE
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1fstmach

Pullies are Mach killers and worthless imo

And want a SuperCharger: Look into Procharger
Avoid this ignorant comment! He's most likely going off of hear-say!

Really you have quite a few options with different price ranges and maximum power outputs. There are centri. blowers (procharger ati, vortech, paxton, & powerdyne) which tend to be cheaper and are more suitable for daily drives and then you have your screw type blower (whipple, kenne bell, saleen, and jackson) which tend to be quite a bit more, tend to whine louder, and produce almost instant boost. I think a simple vortech kit would give you what you're looking for in power and price!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:07 AM
01snake
5th Gear Member

+1 on turbo's = big numbers, and more efficient

if i were to go the s/c route it would be f1A or whipple 3.4
Old 11-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I had a D1-SC Procharger on a previous Z28 and loved it. I went with it mainly because it was self-contained, meaning there were no oil lines or tapping into the oil pan. They have an internal aerator that keeps the blower oil cool. It was a straight forward install. I have no idea if you caneven put one on a Mach.My younger cousin has a P1 on his 98 Svt, which is currently blown up Btw. He put it on without doing anything to the engine other than a tune and it lasted about 5 months before it popped. The only thing that got on my nerves with my D1 was that the air-air coolers were right next to the pavement as was the wastegate. I had to be careful pulling into driveways and driving over road kill. Anyway, you'll get a million opinions on which does what better, just do some research. I wanted to turbo my Mach, but have heard to much about the motors not be able to handle it. Even with a supercharger, I would build the engine first. Good luck!
Old 11-24-2007, 07:27 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stone629

....... He put it on without doing anything to the engine other than a tune and it lasted about 5 months before it popped. The only thing that got on my nerves with my D1 was that the air-air coolers were right next to the pavement as was the wastegate. I had to be careful pulling into driveways and driving over road kill. Anyway, you'll get a million opinions on which does what better, just do some research. I wanted to turbo my Mach, but have heard to much about the motors not be able to handle it. Even with a supercharger, I would build the engine first. Good luck!
Popped...as in the block itself or just internals???
Old 11-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iraziel

ORIGINAL: Stone629

....... He put it on without doing anything to the engine other than a tune and it lasted about 5 months before it popped. The only thing that got on my nerves with my D1 was that the air-air coolers were right next to the pavement as was the wastegate. I had to be careful pulling into driveways and driving over road kill. Anyway, you'll get a million opinions on which does what better, just do some research. I wanted to turbo my Mach, but have heard to much about the motors not be able to handle it. Even with a supercharger, I would build the engine first. Good luck!
Popped...as in the block itself or just internals???
Sorry about that, just the internals. Broke a connecting rod. In the Prochargers defense, his tune sucked IMO.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:28 PM
pharmd2010
2nd Gear Member

You'll get a lot of mixed reviews, just like anything else, but I can offer you my thoughts, experiences, and opinions. Going the S/C route is a great idea, but like everything else, there's the pro's and con's to it. As far as which brand, honestly, I would go with either Vortech or Procharger, just because they seem to have the most experience with the Mach 1 and their kits are designed to fit correctly. One is not better than the other, both are great units. Vortech is the route I went. It doesrequires you to tap into the oil pan to feed oil to the blower. There's a good side and bad side to this, obviously. The good is that your car only requires 1 oil change. When you change the cars oil, you're changing the blower oil too. However, if you ever decide to take it off, you'll have to replace the oil pan. The procharger doesn't tap a line, it is a self contained unit. You're going to hear some people say build the motor first, and others say the motor will be fine as long as you run low boost. Honestly, whenever you're doing a mod this extreme, you just have to always be ready for the unexpected. It may last 10 years, it may blow up on the first dyno pull. There's no way to know that, it's simply the risk you take. My Mach 1 ran about 8-9 lbs of boost and the dyno numbers are in my sig. Motor was stock, and the car lasted me almost 2 years with the blower on it up until the time I sold it. I never had any problems. However, I drove it VERY conservative and it only has about 10,000 on the blower setup. So who knows what would have happened. I would recommend having another car for a daily driver, as a car with a blower isn't, in my opinion, suitable for daily driving. It is possible, and I even have a friend who has done it, but I personally wouldn't. Hope this helps, sorry it's so long, there's just a lot to consider when buying a blower. Good luck!