Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

o/r H installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 07:57 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Default o/r H installed

Did the driveway o/r h-pipe install today. 1 1/2 hours of work saved me $150 from paying the shop to do it. Whoa freakin' nelly! O/R H w/ my SLP LM1s are....ummm, LOUD! Can feel the vibrating of the straight-through muffs from what I guess is so much air passing through. I have a Diablo, but have not turned the sensors off yet. My "service" light is already on as I just have the rear sensors zip tied b/c I don't have the extensions. Will simply turning off the sensors...1) delete the need for the extensions...2) turn the warning light off?As always, any advice appreciated. Thanks alot guys.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:54 PM
B.O.B MACH 1
1st Gear Member

Default RE: o/r H installed

I am not 100% sure but I will give you an answer that makes sense to me. Turning of the sensor will make it so you don’t need the extensions. I would also think because the sensor is turned of it wont be able to throw any codes, so you should not have any warning lights.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: B.O.B MACH 1

I am not 100% sure but I will give you an answer that makes sense to me. Turning of the sensor will make it so you don’t need the extensions. I would also think because the sensor is turned of it wont be able to throw any codes, so you should not have any warning lights.
+1, you're right.

Also throw some flows or any other chambered muffler on and you wont have the machine gun sound/loudness you have now.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:56 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Thanks Furinox and Bob for the advice. Either y'all know if LM2s are chambered, or just a quieter straight-through muff? Asking b/c those are supposed to be quieter and those would bolt right on with the 3 pc. design of the SLPs.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygi23

Thanks Furinox and Bob for the advice. Either y'all know if LM2s are chambered, or just a quieter straight-through muff? Asking b/c those are supposed to be quieter and those would bolt right on with the 3 pc. design of the SLPs.
I know this is sad considering I have them, but I honestly couldn't tell you if they're chambered or not. But I do know they're notas loud at idle as the LM1's are.. They scream just as loud when you get on the throttle though.. If I really punch it my rearview mirror shakes.. lol
Old 03-23-2008, 06:45 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

The LM2's will be much more tame with the o/r H pipe. The LM1's will sound like a machine gun and the LM2 will just be a poppy deep sound.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

SLP LM1s and LMIIs are both straight thru mufflers. LM2s have packing, LM1s do not. The LM1s are more or less just resonators, nothing more than a hollow muffler.

I disagree with the O2 extension delete. Your tuner is not turning anything off, it is telling your PCM that the voltage being sent from the 02 sensors is correct. When you remove your cats, the voltage/resistance changes the readings. If you have zero readings coming from your 02 sensors, your programmer cannot correct that.Your PCMhas to have an electrical reading from your O2 sensors, and the PCM has to be programmed to compensate correctly. Trust me, just get some extensions or add the extra wire yourself. Also, double check the box your ORH came in, they should of sent you some extensions.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stone629

SLP LM1s and LMIIs are both straight thru mufflers. LM2s have packing, LM1s do not. The LM1s are more or less just resonators, nothing more than a hollow muffler.

I disagree with the O2 extension delete. Your tuner is not turning anything off, it is telling your PCM that the voltage being sent from the 02 sensors is correct. When you remove your cats, the voltage/resistance changes the readings. If you have zero readings coming from your 02 sensors, your programmer cannot correct that.Your PCMhas to have an electrical reading from your O2 sensors, and the PCM has to be programmed to compensate correctly. Trust me, just get some extensions or add the extra wire yourself. Also, double check the box your ORH came in, they should of sent you some extensions.
+1.. when I ordered my mids and LMII kit I also had to get the O2 sensor extension harnesses, plus the extensions. Even if you have to buy it separate it's only 30 or 40 bucks or so. You can't get a good tune without it because deleting the 02 will ***** the PCM up as Stonie said because it's trying to correct a line feed that isn't there, and that can cause a host of other problems..
Old 03-23-2008, 09:02 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

How about Flows' Super 44s for a chambered muff...heard anything about their sound w/ o/r mids?
Old 03-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

44ssound excellent with the H-Pipes, mixed reviews with X-Pipes. I have an ORX with Flows and I'm not so sure I like it. It doesn't sound bad, just not really my taste. I want Magnapacks or SLPs with the X. H-pipes and chambered muffs are a very good combo for sound in my opinion.

One thing about chambered mufflers. They flow terrible. Don't expect much gain with a chambered cat-back system. Straight thru mufflers are just that, straight thru flow with zero restriction.

Quick Reply: o/r H installed