Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

IM HAPPY!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 01:57 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

Default RE: IM HAPPY!!

ORIGINAL: FELEN
SO I HAD SOME MONEY AFTER SAVING FOR A BIT AND I FINALLY ORDERED H&R SS LOWERING SPRINGS, TOKICO ILLUMINA SHOCKS/STRUTS AND MM CAST N CAMBER PLATES.....KANT WAIT TILL THEY GET HERE~!~!!!
GOOD FOR YOU!!!

AND btw, pics or ban
Old 04-14-2008, 02:49 PM
dickwitham
1st Gear Member

the tie rods were the biggest PITA but we found if you just use a pry bar and push down on the control arm you get 'wrestle' them out...we used a spring compressor on one side and that made things a little easier, but you are still capable of doing it without one (you can rent one @ auto zone...just a 40 dollar deposit and you get all your money back so its free)...don't pay 350 bucks, you can DIY...
Old 04-14-2008, 04:02 PM
FELEN
1st Gear Member

yea ima take some pix of the car soon...been putting it off for a while but ill take the before n after pix also.....

after all this talk ima kall my buddy up and see what we kan do hopefully a 24 of coronas will help...
Old 04-14-2008, 04:54 PM
dickwitham
1st Gear Member

i wish i got beers for helping
Old 04-15-2008, 05:19 AM
FELEN
1st Gear Member

LOL beer is always a must when working on a project lol....especially right now that its getting so fawkin hot....

beer will defintly help the process lol...and i think ima get someone that knows what they are doing that might help also but not as much as the beer...lol
Old 04-15-2008, 08:29 AM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dickwitham

the tie rods were the biggest PITA but we found if you just use a pry bar and push down on the control arm you get 'wrestle' them out...we used a spring compressor on one side and that made things a little easier, but you are still capable of doing it without one (you can rent one @ auto zone...just a 40 dollar deposit and you get all your money back so its free)...don't pay 350 bucks, you can DIY...
We rented a compressor for when me and my buddy did my springs. Couldn't use the damn thing because the shaft (the pole thingy) was too damn big lol. So what we did was we used a pry bar I believe, I pulled down on the control arm and it finally just popped out of place. But that was just for the fronts, the rear was cake.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:31 AM
jchittick
3rd Gear Member

Be sure to post some pics, this will be my next project...
Old 04-15-2008, 09:20 AM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

[sm=smiley3.gif]Jeebus for the love of GAWD DO NOT DO THIS W/O SPRING COMPRESSORS!!! ****!!! Are you guys NUTS?!?! [sm=wtf.gif]

feckin ****! That is SO dangerous! OK, so a couple of you pulled off theswapwith a pry bar - pfft - lucky, I say.

I'm all about the DIY, but safely. If the compressor iswrong/too big/too small, take it back and get a different one. I've done two sets on Stangs and one on an LS1 bird, using compressors each time. There are some gnarly horror stories out there if things go pop.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:11 AM
dickwitham
1st Gear Member

there isn't that much tension once you release the strut...just put a jack underneath the control arm and slowly lower it...
Old 04-17-2008, 05:08 AM
FELEN
1st Gear Member

aight so i got a day of from work...and im gonna start the work tommorow....hopefully we dont consume to many beers before we finish[&:] lol...but yeah i will have pix up as soon as were done...wish us luck lol...

Quick Reply: IM HAPPY!!