Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Exhaust Tips????

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 07:08 PM
stang1101
3rd Gear Member

Default Exhaust Tips????

I love the stock exhaust tips on our Mach's, but wish they were a little bigger to fill the bumper. I was thinking 3". What are some good tips?
Old 04-13-2008, 08:10 PM
B.O.B MACH 1
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust Tips????

I have 3.5 inch magnaflow tips. I think they look good. My friend has 3 inch tips on his gt (flowmaster tips). I think the 3.5 look better. 4 inch tips would be to much though. If your gunna go that big you might as well take a fart can off a civic and stick it on there.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:02 PM
stang1101
3rd Gear Member

Yea, I guess 3.5" might look better. Do you have any pics so I can get an idea of what it looks like?
Old 04-13-2008, 09:32 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

No less than 3.5" tips.
I think 4" tips only look good on Cobras because of the rear fascia is all black so it looks nice and clean.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:01 PM
stang1101
3rd Gear Member

i want to stay with flowmaster because i have the mufflers.

Would these work?
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...oducts_id=3655

will i have to weld?

btw what are our stock tips, chrome or polished?
Old 04-13-2008, 10:08 PM
B.O.B MACH 1
1st Gear Member

Those tips that you put the link up for will not work. beacuse they are for a 3 inch diametere tubing. i dont knwo what the stock tips are, chrome or polished???.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:18 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

I believe the stock tips are chrome.
As long as you get the correct diameter for the inlet (2.25") and outlet (3.5"), also the length of the tip, you can pretty much go with any brand, such as SLP, Borla, Magnaflow, MRT, etc.

Since you like the look of the stock tips, I'm assuming you're looking for rounded (rolled) tips?
Old 04-14-2008, 02:39 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

ORIGINAL: Slicktastyk Matt
As long as you get the correct diameter for the inlet (2.25") and outlet (3.5"), also the length of the tip, you can pretty much go with any brand, such as SLP, Borla, Magnaflow, MRT, etc.
The longer you spend time on here, the more you'll figure out that I LOVE to help people spend they monay.

But I'll tell ya this: DON'T OVERSPEND on tips. It's just silly to pay top dollar for something like that.

You DO need the correct inlet diameter, but beyond that, I'd chase the cheap. Go down the Zone - they have tons. Wal-Mart even has bolt ons that would work great. Like Matt said, make sure you have the right inlet and length, and I think you'll be fine buying the cheapest cheapies at WM or AZ.

And I would buy 2.25" in and 4" out - the bigger the better back there I say! Looks mean
Old 04-14-2008, 10:56 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: groundpounder

ORIGINAL: Slicktastyk Matt
The longer you spend time on here, the more you'll figure out that I LOVE to help people spend they monay.

But I'll tell ya this: DON'T OVERSPEND on tips. It's just silly to pay top dollar for something like that.

You DO need the correct inlet diameter, but beyond that, I'd chase the cheap. Go down the Zone - they have tons. Wal-Mart even has bolt ons that would work great. Like Matt said, make sure you have the right inlet and length, and I think you'll be fine buying the cheapest cheapies at WM or AZ.

And I would buy 2.25" in and 4" out - the bigger the better back there I say! Looks mean
Ehhhh the tips from Autozone are ROFLZ-worthy. I got one for my girlfriend's Cobalt because she liked how the SS' have the chrome tips but the other models just have a non-polished pipe coming out. Well, that thing rusted out within a couple of months lol. Looks like it was pulled off the Titanic when I took it off her car hahaha.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:10 AM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

I think the quality varies, for sure, but there are some quality offerings there. don't forget eBay, either. I bought some SS 3.5" rolled tips for my p/u for $40. Shipped..

Quick Reply: Exhaust Tips????