Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Why me!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 05:12 AM
MACH5IVE
3rd Gear Member

Default Why me!?

Well guys, its been a ridiculously long night for me! Its official! The mach is wrecked, Im not sure to what extant but its bad... Long story short, older brother took it out for a spin, lost control and ran over a curb.. Air bags deployed, im not sure whether its the arms, or member that are badly bent, car shakes a bit, the hood is off set, and driver door hits fender when being opened, car shakes a bit around 2k in 1st, weird noises... []Time to find out what my insurance agency says! Couldnt make a police report, 1. Because my brother was clearly over .08, 2. How the hell would i go about explaining it! Idk what the hell to say! For 3 years I babied the hell out of my car, and now it kills me to see it like this! So.....

Who thinks there could be any engine problems!?
What do yall think my insurance will say!?
And of course yall's opinions on this extremely stupid situation!?
Old 06-13-2008, 05:40 AM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Why me!?

Hrrmmmm.. weeellll, if you have full coverage on the car the insurance should fix most of it, except for the aftermarket parts, they won't replace those. I'm thinking you'd have to pay the deductible upfront, though that sometimes varies from company to company.

I'm not really sure how you'd explain that one though, because most insurance companies would want an explanation of how the damage to the vehicle happened. You probably wouldn't be able to tell them your brother was over the legal limit while he was driving otherwise they definitely wouldn't cover it unless another vehicle was involved. You COULD say that you were driving the car and accidentally ran over a curb. Either way, the company will probably send an adjuster to look at the vehicle to determine what the company will and won't cover in the claim you file. I don't know the details of your policy so I really can't say anything more than that. It also depends on what your policy has in the details about single vehicle accidents. I would pull out policy paperwork and read it cover to cover so you can see exactly what they've TOLD you is covered, and what wouldn't be. Sometimes you have to be a ***** to get them to cover things that should be covered according to the paperwork.

Just from what you've said about what's wrong with the car it doesn't sound like the car would be totaled, especially if still drives. Sounds like there was some pretty good frame bending involved given that the hood is off-set and the door hits the quarter panels when it opens. That's just me though.. I would think that there is probably some engine damage also. I'd be worried about the struts, and pretty much all the joints attached to the front wheels if he hit a curb hard enough to do that kind of damage to the front end. It's definitely an expensive fix though brudda..

Sorry to hear this happend broham.. All in all the best thing you could probably do would be to tell the insurance company you wrecked the car and see what they say about your coverage.. [&:]That's just me though..
Old 06-13-2008, 09:30 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

hey man sorry you fell asleep at the wheel after a long night.[8D]
from what it sounds like the K member is damaged, the frame is torqued, basically all your suspension is ****ed....damaged engine i doubt it, but im not there to look her over.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:25 AM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

thats a tough call.... you could call the insurance company and ask them if you need a police report to file a claim if you do just drive your car down to the station make up a story like it was raining or swerved to miss adeer or dog or something like that and railed the curb or get an estiment on the damage and make your brother pay for his fu*k up. i dont want to sound like a d*ckhead but why was your brother drinking and driving your car???????
Old 06-13-2008, 04:47 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

man, sorry to hear that, good luck with the rebuild.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:53 AM
MACH5IVE
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jrherald420

thats a tough call.... you could call the insurance company and ask them if you need a police report to file a claim if you do just drive your car down to the station make up a story like it was raining or swerved to miss adeer or dog or something like that and railed the curb or get an estiment on the damage and make your brother pay for his fu*k up. i dont want to sound like a d*ckhead but why was your brother drinking and driving your car???????
I deserve no sympathy bro! I had been drinking too and got careless! Either way, on the update! I talked to my insurance agency and I explained to them my "exact" memory of the situation, I believe they'll be covering the damage, and anadjuster will be coming out tuesday! I have no worries about thefront suspension being that nothings aftermarket and, theLT's and X pipe seem to be untouched, I just pray there is no engine damage! Pray for me!
Old 06-14-2008, 10:40 AM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

oh, well i guess this was a lesson learned. i just hope that it all works out for you andyour mach gets back to better than new status!!! good luck.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:50 AM
dh04 red gt
2nd Gear Member

just say an unkown car ran you off the road and keep on going so then there is no need for police report.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:51 AM
MACH5IVE
3rd Gear Member

Alright guys, well if everything goes accordingly, the mach should be going into repair sometime soon! And yes this is a great learning experience!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:11 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

MORE DETAILS....WHATS GONNA GET DONE TO IT NOW.?