Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

car wont crank

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 07:43 AM
cengland

Default car wont crank

my car stopped cranking out of nowhere. i had drove it to work yesterday and then my wife took it to the doctor. i was cleaning the garage so when i was done i went to pull my mach in the garage and it wouldn't crank. it turns over and the battery and all is working fine. my fuel pump comes on. me and a friend opened a fuel line behind the intake and tried to crank it and there was no gas. could there be a fuse problem? can anyone help with this?
Old 06-27-2008, 08:49 AM
DesertMach
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: car wont crank

You said the pump comes on but yet is there a fuse, this confuses me.

Fuel filter?? do you have fuel pressure before the fuel pressure regulator it sounds like you checked for pressure after the regulator. If you are sure the pump is coming on I would pull the fuel like by the fuel filter, this should tell you weather its the pump, filter, or regulator depending on where to find the lack of pressure. but I'm not sure about where the fuse is, wether its a fuse in the fuse box or a relay under the hood.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:45 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

this is definately a pressure issue, check the fuses start with the cheap stuff first!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: cengland

my car stopped cranking out of nowhere. i had drove it to work yesterday and then my wife took it to the doctor. i was cleaning the garage so when i was done i went to pull my mach in the garage and it wouldn't crank. it turns over and the battery and all is working fine. my fuel pump comes on. me and a friend opened a fuel line behind the intake and tried to crank it and there was no gas. could there be a fuse problem? can anyone help with this?
If the pump turns on It's highly doubtful (impossible) it's a fuse. I say change the fuel filter. If that's not it, you're probably looking at a new fuel pump because either the diaphram broke or the screen in the tank is jacked.

Edit: You're also a little confusing; Turning over means it cranks. You're saying it cranks but won't catch/fire...correct?
Old 07-01-2008, 05:20 PM
cengland

thanks for the replies! i found out a day later why my car wont crank. it went into anti theft mode. i got it to crank but now i have a strong fuel odor and smoke from the back end of the car. also now my power steering pump went out. my car has 47,500 on it and never raced never drove hard.well it gets drove hard once in a while. for the most part i take excellent care of the car.