Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

So the mach got hit.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 06:49 AM
guitar00dude
1st Gear Member

Default So the mach got hit.....

yeah i was at a little fire pit social gathering (ie party) for no more than 5 mins with my gf.... with a few of my friends and ppl i dunno.... all my friends there are car ppl.. 1 with a 5.0 1 an 01 ss ect ect anyway... there was a fight that broke out right after i got there..... the ppl that were fighting was the girl that a friend of mine and a guy and she beat him up pretty bad so he was leavin his girl was drivin.. well the fighting was still goin on while there we backing out of the drive way.... my car was like 8 feet from the drive way.. my gf wa slike "should we move the car?" i was like na it should be fine... well then i here OMG YOU HIT KENS CAR!! and KEN THEY HIT YOUR CAR!!.. i run to the fortn of the house and yup the girl went off the curb and side swipe the passenger side of her scion tc accross my bumper... she got out and her bf of whom i know way more thna her.. started to apologize and **** and tried so hard for me not to call the cops.. i said im sorry but thats not how i handle ****.. so my girl calls the cops... they give her a sobriety test and she passes... so they write up a report that says she hit a parked car all fault on her ect ect so i just take the car to a good body shop and it wlll be done...the front bumper has chipped paint and deep gashes... so yeah a new bumper... anyway.. that happened on fri night.. well yesterday i thought hmm i really do like the machs with the cobra bumbers...... my question is how can i get this done witht he insurance and the body shop how do i approach the body shop about how htis is what i want?... the only thing i can think of is the fog lights might have to come out of my wallet and the cobra bumper may be more cause not nearly as many were mass produced like the gt/mach bumper?... can they write it up to cover that cost if i get a good body shop?.. has anyone here done something like this or know someone who has??
Old 11-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your car bro. Good thing you stayed calm and didn't lose your cool (like I would have). Sorry can't really help you with your question, but are going for a 03/04 front bumper or a 99/01. I think the mach1's look better with the 99/01 fronts.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:43 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

That sucks. Don't really know how to deal with insurance but 99/01 FTW!

Either Cobra bumper looks good but I just love that one.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:49 AM
guitar00dude
1st Gear Member

hmm prob the 03/04.. i like it more actualy .. yeah i was shaking and alllmost lost it but i walked down the street and sat on the curb with my head in my hands
Old 11-09-2008, 11:26 AM
essexdan

They will pay you to repair the damage to your car for whatever it would cost you to put it back the way it was. You can still do anything else you want with the money, including putting it towards a different bumper.
In some states they're sort of rigid about what's on the final bill from the body shop being exactly what was done to the car. In that event have them write an "appearance allowance" on your bumper equal to the FULL amount of the repair. Then use that cash to pay for the new bumper.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:28 AM
guitar00dude
1st Gear Member

i have a loan on the car can i still get the check and figure out what i want to do?
Old 11-09-2008, 11:30 AM
guitar00dude
1st Gear Member

i guess what ill do ill take it to a few places... get the best estimate.. then ask them how much to do a cobra... and decide what i want
Old 11-09-2008, 12:24 PM
NotStok
3rd Gear Member

Couple years ago when my truck got rear-ended I took it to a body shop and have them give me an estimate on paper, then faxed it to my insurance company. They sent me a check for the amount, and all was good. I got a roll pan instead.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:31 PM
guitar00dude
1st Gear Member

ok cool so it is possible
Old 11-10-2008, 02:22 PM
StatixNWH
1st Gear Member

sucks to hear man.

Quick Reply: So the mach got hit.....