Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

chin spoiler question

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 06:49 PM
alkureg
2nd Gear Member

Default chin spoiler question

ok first sorry, i dont have a mach 1 but i figure yall will know the best

im waiting on a chin spoiler to come in from AM and i read that it doesnt line up flush with the front of the bumper if it lines up with the wheel well, kind of a one or the other type of thing so my question is on the real mach 1 which does it line up with?

if this is wrong please let me know also..
Old 11-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Hey man I got one and it lines up perfect. I also bought my spoiler from AM and it looks great. If you put it on and don't like it send it back. I had a local body shop install mine..
Old 11-25-2008, 07:35 PM
sufferer

I bought one for my GT and I started on one side and worked my way to the other only to find out it was too short. The way to do it is to drill the two ends in first, on the Mach's it is not completely flush in the middle, it is offset a bit. I have based this on what I have seen at car shows, I don't own a Mach (yet!) Just check out pics of Machs online and see, just get the two ends flush first and you'll be fine (I wish I knew that when I got mine). Looking at all these pics on this board makes me want to wreck my GT and get a Mach! Love that shaker!
Old 11-26-2008, 01:26 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sufferer
I bought one for my GT and I started on one side and worked my way to the other only to find out it was too short. The way to do it is to drill the two ends in first, on the Mach's it is not completely flush in the middle, it is offset a bit. I have based this on what I have seen at car shows, I don't own a Mach (yet!) Just check out pics of Machs online and see, just get the two ends flush first and you'll be fine (I wish I knew that when I got mine). Looking at all these pics on this board makes me want to wreck my GT and get a Mach! Love that shaker!
The problem is that people think that its suppose to go throughout the entire bumper. To install it you must start from the middle then go outwards. When i installed it we taped up the chin spoiler to the car bumper aligned it up perfectly then drilled. There will be less than a 1/2 inch gap, on each side of the bumper near the tires, that doesnt reach the end of the bumper.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:19 AM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

The ends of the spoiler are supposed to be flush with the wheel well edges and the front of the spoiler will be about 1/8"-1/4" under the front of the bumper edge, it will NOT be flush with the front of the bumper.
That is the correct way for the MACH spoiler to be mounted.

Lynn
Old 11-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Just go look at a actual Mach 1 and take some notes and pics on the fitment. Also, let the spoiler sit outside the box unfolded overnight before you try installing it.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:10 PM
alkureg
2nd Gear Member

spoiler is sitting out, its a christmas present i cant install yet but it arrived.

thanks for the help yall