Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Hangin with some Camaros...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Default Hangin with some Camaros...

I was just cruizin around town and I randomly hear "Hey Mustang!" lol. I look back and there are some Camaro and T/A guys parked at a local Krispy Kream so I turn around, pull into the parking lot and park next to a red Camaro. Turns out I worked with the guy that yelled and they invited me to go race lol. They told my to pop the hood and some pusstang jokes were thrown around but in the end they were all standing around my car asking me about it lol. I didnt race anyone head to head but I followed behind and they werent all that impressing. Most had Cam work and full exhaust and all that and they really werent pulling on me... I was behind my former co-worker, who has a 2002 SS Camaro m6 with an SLP intake and 4.10's, and a guy with cam, exhaust, gears, spray, and probly some other stuff. The guy spraying was fast but my friend wasnt, I was catching up to him lol, Im pretty much stock! Check my sig. I allways wondered if I was faster than an LS1 stock for stock and from what I seen today I would say I am. It was weird following a bunch of Camaro's around town lol, I looked way out of place...

Old 10-05-2009, 11:37 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

they weren't really racing LOL
Stock to stock we're even they have a 1-2mph trap over us, but other than that it's pretty dang even.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:59 PM
gif4445
4th Gear Member

^^ New mod! Congrats!

BTW, that mach 1 hood/shaker make me drool.....and cry i don't have one
Old 10-05-2009, 05:04 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Yea camaros and T/As aren't too much ahead of machs...you woulda done alright. But i love cruisin around with a bunch or muscle cars no matter the make lol.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:38 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

damn wish i was there with ya, you were over on south hill huh?
Old 10-05-2009, 09:30 PM
ztalon
2nd Gear Member

I loved the looks of the last LS1 SS Camaros. Even though the WS6 Trans Ams looked meaner, I liked that single hood scoop on the SS....particularly in red.

Since I had a 96 Z-28 that I sold when I got my Mach 1, I like the idea of cruising around with the "so called" enemy. A good friend of mine bought my Z-28 and I let him drive my Mach 1 last Friday. He was very impressed. I also got to take a quick spin in my old Z-28. Lots of good torque in the LT1 and a great automatic transmission. I am finding it more fun to shift through the gears on the Mach 1 though.

I think it's cool that some of your friends have F-bodies and both of you can appreciate each other's cars. Nothing like lifting the hood of the Mach 1 though. That's usually an attention getter.

And there is no comparison as far as the view from the driver's seat. Sitting behind that power dome and shaker is in a class by itself.

Here's a picture of both cars together....just before I sold the Z-28.

Last edited by ztalon; 10-05-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by I G Joe
damn wish i was there with ya, you were over on south hill huh?
Yup, They have showed up to our Mustang show on fridays before lol. Ya they were pretty interested in my car lol, then they asked if I wanted to make a few runs with them up in Graham. Im not really the streat racer type but it was fun even though I didnt run head to head with anyone. USMCRebel - I didnt mean that I kept up with the header, cam, etc Camaros lol, but my friend with the 02 SS had an SLP intake and 4.10s and while he raced against one of the header, cam, nitrous Camaros I raced from behind them and was closing in on my friend ever so slightly. It was fun and I might follow them around again sometime. It would be BA if I lead all of them into Graham lol.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Hey do any of you guys have a special way/technique to washing your windows? lol, kinda random but I cannot get rid of waterspots on my windows, its driving me crazy! I am going to wax my car on friday and that should get rid of them but I dont want to wax my windows every time I wash my car... I have heard vinegar works good on windows, sounds weird to me and im kinda weary of getting that on my paint(if it would even effect it) but does it work?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ztalon
I loved the looks of the last LS1 SS Camaros. Even though the WS6 Trans Ams looked meaner, I liked that single hood scoop on the SS....particularly in red.

Since I had a 96 Z-28 that I sold when I got my Mach 1, I like the idea of cruising around with the "so called" enemy. A good friend of mine bought my Z-28 and I let him drive my Mach 1 last Friday. He was very impressed. I also got to take a quick spin in my old Z-28. Lots of good torque in the LT1 and a great automatic transmission. I am finding it more fun to shift through the gears on the Mach 1 though.

I think it's cool that some of your friends have F-bodies and both of you can appreciate each other's cars. Nothing like lifting the hood of the Mach 1 though. That's usually an attention getter.

And there is no comparison as far as the view from the driver's seat. Sitting behind that power dome and shaker is in a class by itself.

Here's a picture of both cars together....just before I sold the Z-28.
Yeah for a while I was stuck between getting a GT and an SS and read up on the Mach and found out that I didnt care about LS1's anymore lol. I like the simple power they make but you cannot beat the look of a clean Mustang imo.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:34 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Fstanggt96
Yup, They have showed up to our Mustang show on fridays before lol. Ya they were pretty interested in my car lol, then they asked if I wanted to make a few runs with them up in Graham. Im not really the streat racer type but it was fun even though I didnt run head to head with anyone. USMCRebel - I didnt mean that I kept up with the header, cam, etc Camaros lol, but my friend with the 02 SS had an SLP intake and 4.10s and while he raced against one of the header, cam, nitrous Camaros I raced from behind them and was closing in on my friend ever so slightly. It was fun and I might follow them around again sometime. It would be BA if I lead all of them into Graham lol.
ok i gotcha

Quick Reply: Hangin with some Camaros...