Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

SLP Powerflos hit subframes

Old 12-05-2009, 02:24 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Default SLP Powerflos hit subframes

LM1s getting too loud cruising w/4.10s. Tried center inlet/outlet Super 44s, they were too wide and hit subframes. Now spent $ on Powerflos only to find they hit the subframe as well so are rotated a bit causing them to occassionally scrape. No mention of this in any ads for the product. Any suggestions. Thx.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Try an off set flowmaster. Mine were straight thru mufflers just like yours, but the muffler shop was able to fit them with about 1 inch of space between the driveshaft and the mufflers, with room away from the subframe. There's room right in front of the rear axle, but you more or less have to rearrange the pipes so the mufflers can stay right there in square void right in front of the axle. They'll fit, but a shop is probably going to have to fix it up for you with a little cutting and bending.

Did you already weld them in, or are they just bolted in place of the SLPs?
Old 12-05-2009, 09:31 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Try an off set flowmaster. Mine were straight thru mufflers just like yours, but the muffler shop was able to fit them with about 1 inch of space between the driveshaft and the mufflers, with room away from the subframe. There's room right in front of the rear axle, but you more or less have to rearrange the pipes so the mufflers can stay right there in square void right in front of the axle. They'll fit, but a shop is probably going to have to fix it up for you with a little cutting and bending.

Did you already weld them in, or are they just bolted in place of the SLPs?
The SLP catback is a 3 pc. system that uses LM1, LM2 and Powerflos which all slip in the same way. No welding needing. The pipe before & after the muff is stationary and I don't feel like having a shop rearrange anything which I'm sure will include cutting and welding. I'm gonna put the isos back in my Eibach springs which will give me a little more clearance so the muff being tilted won't scrape unless I go flying over a speed bump.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Ahhh, I totally forgot you were lowered. I knew the SLP was modular, but yea, without re-fabricating some of the exhaust, you're probably better off putting the isos back in.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:52 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Ahhh, I totally forgot you were lowered. I knew the SLP was modular, but yea, without re-fabricating some of the exhaust, you're probably better off putting the isos back in.
I know. It just parsses me off that they say it will work with 99-04 stangs and they don't. They atleast should put a notation in the ads about them not fitting.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:54 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

ahem....SSS

got any pics?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:14 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by USMCrebel
ahem....SSS

got any pics?
Rebel, you butthole! I agree, but the Powerflo muffs cost less than a Adrenaline catback and I wasn't expecting them to rub. Prolly coulda used Adrenaline muffs w/ some fabbing but already cut the pips some trying to make the flows work and didn't want to cut more. I'll see if I can whoop up some pics.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

I had Powerflo's on mine for a bit and was disappointed with the fit. They would fit just fine if the pipe passing through were parallel to the outer body (as on the LM mufflers). Due to their weird fit, I think they took away about an inch of clearance compared to LM1 or 2.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:58 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Z28KLR
I had Powerflo's on mine for a bit and was disappointed with the fit. They would fit just fine if the pipe passing through were parallel to the outer body (as on the LM mufflers). Due to their weird fit, I think they took away about an inch of clearance compared to LM1 or 2.
Right on. I'm disappointed considering how much thier stuff costs. It should fit like a glove.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

Tried a prybar to bend it over a bit?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SLP Powerflos hit subframes