Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

DTC codes...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Default DTC codes...

I just installed longtubes and a catted x pipe and bought an SCT tuner. I cleared the codes twice now and they keep coming up. Is there a way to turn them off for good?
Old 12-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Shaken
1st Gear Member

First off what are the dtc codes? Though there is a good chance you will need a custom or better yet a Dyno tune to correct your issues. Moving the o2 sensors farther downstream I bet could cause some drive ability issues.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Ill update when I plug in my tuner and read them but two say that they are stuck lean, and I believe the other two say they are not working at all(because they are not plugged in). I bought ARH Longtubes and a catted x pipe from LMPerformence and they sent me the wrong O2 sensors(I had to modify them to get them to plug in) and only sent me two. I need all four right? Isn't there a way t just turn them off and not have to worry about it anymore? I'm calling them tomorrow and figuring out whats going on.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Shaken
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fstanggt96
Ill update when I plug in my tuner and read them but two say that they are stuck lean, and I believe the other two say they are not working at all(because they are not plugged in). I bought ARH Longtubes and a catted x pipe from LMPerformence and they sent me the wrong O2 sensors(I had to modify them to get them to plug in) and only sent me two. I need all four right? Isn't there a way t just turn them off and not have to worry about it anymore? I'm calling them tomorrow and figuring out whats going on.
Get your hardware corrected clear your codes drive it. I am still pretty sure you will have some drive ability issues because of the primary o2's are farther downstream.
You could only benefit from a dyno tune with your new mod.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

What driveability issues Could I have, besides the catts bottoming out on large speedbumps lol? So far its runnig fine and Ive drivin it almost 100 miles. Im going to get the right hardware and probably have it dyno tuned shortly. In the mean time, AM is writing me a canned tune. LMP should have sent me all 4 sensors though right? I only modified the sensor extension they gave me if that was a missunderstanding. The fitting on their sensor ext. didnt match my plug in. I didnt moddify the headers/midpipe at all.

Codes are:
P1000} This is just saying that the system check failed due to the following 4 codes.

Front sensors:
P0141} HO2S sensor circut malfunction (The shop had to moddify the sensor plug ins that LMP gave me)
P0161} HO2S sensor circut malfunction

Rear sensors:
P2270} These two are reading because they are not plugged in because LMP didnt give me extendors.
P2272}

Last edited by Fstanggt96; 12-16-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:08 PM
cwf340
1st Gear Member

those codes are HO2S sensor circuit malfunction codes, P0141 and P0161 are for the upstream sensors and p2270 p2272 are for the cat monitors. I would suspect they are crosswired or something along those lines. I would also suspect they are reading lean and sending a zero volt signal to the pcm. they are either the wrong sensors or you could have a pinched wire somewhere. all of the o2 sensors share a power feed. I would start by checking the vpwr circuit to the sensors. you should have 12 volts between the vpwr and sigrtn circuits with the key on. if not check the harness for opens and shorts. if you had the trans out, check and make sure the harness didnt get pinched at the top of the bell housing when it was put back in.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:57 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

man, you're scaring me. Hope I don't run into that crap.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:11 PM
mikedeuce6
1st Gear Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by rygi23
man, you're scaring me. Hope I don't run into that crap.
Right!? All of this for headers and a few horses!? Whatever happened to calling up Jegs with a couple hundred bucks and few short hours later youve slapped on a set of Hedmans and are grinning ear to ear on the drive to the exhaust shop? Im almost afraid to mod my Mach at all now. Do I need a dyno tune for a K&N filter too? Sheesh!
Old 12-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Shaken
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fstanggt96
What driveability issues Could I have, besides the catts bottoming out on large speedbumps lol? So far its runnig fine and Ive drivin it almost 100 miles. Im going to get the right hardware and probably have it dyno tuned shortly. In the mean time, AM is writing me a canned tune. LMP should have sent me all 4 sensors though right? I only modified the sensor extension they gave me if that was a missunderstanding. The fitting on their sensor ext. didnt match my plug in. I didnt moddify the headers/midpipe at all.

Codes are:
P1000} This is just saying that the system check failed due to the following 4 codes.

Front sensors:
P0141} HO2S sensor circut malfunction (The shop had to moddify the sensor plug ins that LMP gave me)
P0161} HO2S sensor circut malfunction

Rear sensors:
P2270} These two are reading because they are not plugged in because LMP didnt give me extendors.
P2272}
Actually all these codes except p1000 a rear sensors. P0141 Heated O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 2) P0161 Heated O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2, Sensor 2)

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...ewtopic&t=9937

This quotation is the best explanation I have seen. Ask who ever you decide to take your car to that supports you hand held.
"With long tube headers, an adjustment to the "O2 transport delay" sub-category is recommended. This accounts for the increased distance from the exhaust from the heads to the front O2 sensors".
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...14&postcount=4

Last edited by Shaken; 12-17-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:14 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shaken
Actually all these codes except p1000 a rear sensors. P0141 Heated O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 2) P0161 Heated O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2, Sensor 2)

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...ewtopic&t=9937

This quotation is the best explanation I have seen. Ask who ever you decide to take your car to that supports you hand held.
"With long tube headers, an adjustment to the "O2 transport delay" sub-category is recommended. This accounts for the increased distance from the exhaust from the heads to the front O2 sensors".
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...14&postcount=4
Are you saying this is a common hurdle w/ installing LTs? Haven't heard of this stuff before. I want to put the exhaust on, hook up the o2 extensions and be done with it. If it ain't gonna be the case I'll sell em, buy an o/r prochamber and MIL elims.

Quick Reply: DTC codes...