Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Poor Mach... pray for her...

Old 12-18-2009, 08:49 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Default Poor Mach... pray for her...

...that she gets out of the cold just fine.

I won't be seeing it for awhile because, well, it got stuck a few streets before mine. Just like last year... rofl
Old 12-18-2009, 08:54 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

That sucks lol! The ground looks flat. You can't move at all?
Old 12-18-2009, 08:57 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
That sucks lol! The ground looks flat. You can't move at all?
That's where I left from. I got all the way into my neighborhood but it started to go up hill and so I was just screwed. Luckily I had like 6 people helping me push the car into one of the streets before the street I live on. Hopefully whoever's house I parked at don't mind me parking there.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:12 PM
ztalon
2nd Gear Member

Ouch. That has to bother you just a bit. Knowing your Mach 1 is out there away from home.

Good luck and I hope everything works out well. I definitely remember the days when I'd be stuck in some snow with a Trans Am or even my original 73 Mach 1. Once you lose traction....it's all over.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:20 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ztalon
Ouch. That has to bother you just a bit. Knowing your Mach 1 is out there away from home.

Good luck and I hope everything works out well. I definitely remember the days when I'd be stuck in some snow with a Trans Am or even my original 73 Mach 1. Once you lose traction....it's all over.
Yup. I'd start going up hill and I was forced to step on the gas a little more but that was just enough to cause it to lose traction and there was no going back lol It was just the slightest incline too
Old 12-18-2009, 09:25 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

What kind of tires are you running? I remember getting stuck in a flat parking lot one time with summer performance tires lol.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:32 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
What kind of tires are you running? I remember getting stuck in a flat parking lot one time with summer performance tires lol.
315/35/18's of the Michelin Pilot Sports on the rear...

Probably the worst snow tire ever lmao
Old 12-18-2009, 09:33 PM
ztalon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slicktastyk Matt
Yup. I'd start going up hill and I was forced to step on the gas a little more but that was just enough to cause it to lose traction and there was no going back lol It was just the slightest incline too
In the late 70s - mid 80s, I drove a 78 Firebird Formula 4 speed manual with Dunlop GT Qualifiers on it. The car was like a tank in the snow. Even got me through a blizzard once.

Then my next car was an 85 Trans Am (auto). If there was even a slight incline and an inch of snow, that car was undriveable. I got caught a few miles from home with the car during its first experience with snow. I wasn't overly concerned, till I started going sideways in the flat parking lot where it was parked (only about two inches of snow). Boy, was that an exciting drive home. I lived less than a mile from where I taught, so when snow was in the forecast, I'd walk to work. That Trans Am was just scary in snow. After that experience, I switched over to an Eagle Talon TSi AWD and learned again...not to fear the white stuff.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Damn! Those are great tires too. I made it last year in the snow until about 4 inches lol. I had a 96 GT though with 275 Eagle F1 A/S's. It was fun even though screwing around almost ended with me wrecking it! We had a blizzard that lasted about 2 weeks and ended up with about 7-8 inches. That was fun times at Discount Tire lol. We got raped hard that winter to say the least lol.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:55 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

****ing snow. We got another 6 inches or so last night. I'm guess I won't be seeing my car for a while lol. It took me about 3 days last year just to get it up my own street for the cul-de-sac I had to turn around on, now I'm like 4 streets away. The main roads through my neighborhood are fine, but the streets the stem out from the main road never get plowed so I gotsta wait for it to melt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Poor Mach... pray for her...