Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Headers....

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:33 PM
timjuice83
1st Gear Member

Default Headers....

Any oppinions on flowtech lts? I'm looking for a decent pair of lt's but don't want to spend much more then $400
Old 08-27-2010, 01:42 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

If your going to cheap out, atleast go with "Mac". IMHO, I would just save and get yourself a nice set of ARH's or Kook's, they are well worth it!
Old 08-28-2010, 11:50 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

A lot of people run lower quality headers and like them but IMO when it comes to headers for these cars you need to go big or go home. The quality and fitment of Kooks and ARHs are unmatched by other headers. Im awaiting install for my kooks w/ catted X-pipe, its gonna sound sick.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:22 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Originally Posted by darkmach1
A lot of people run lower quality headers and like them but IMO when it comes to headers for these cars you need to go big or go home. The quality and fitment of Kooks and ARHs are unmatched by other headers. Im awaiting install for my kooks w/ catted X-pipe, its gonna sound sick.
sooooo dark your talking about quality of fitment and are you installing them? If not it's not your issue to fit them right.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Listen to everybody saying go big or go home, If you ever have to do any tranny work, you want ARH or Kooks so you don't have to remove one header to get the tranny out. Saved my life, I just replaced my clutch and the tranny was easy to pull. FYI I have about 1400 in install on my headers because of them coming loose. I would just keep the stock manifolds to be completely honest, I mean, they sound great but I have about 3000 into just my headers man and don't expect to feel any gains in HP or TQ.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by USMCrebel
sooooo dark your talking about quality of fitment and are you installing them? If not it's not your issue to fit them right.
Lol, but if the shop installing them takes 4 more hours to install the lower quality headers DARK is paying for it...
Old 09-04-2010, 11:09 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by USMCrebel
No, but like someone else said, when is time to pull the tranny and the headers gotta come off, so does extra money out of my pocket, and when the lower quality headers start rubbing against the bottom of the car or leaking there goes more money, and when you have to throw away the lower quality ones because they're rusted to sh*t in 3 years and I have to fork out extra money to get Kooks, there goes more money instead of getting Kooks to start with. Or 3 years from now if I decide to go turbo, Id be lucky to get $200 from the rusted lower quality headers where the Kooks only need to be cleaned and look basically new and I get $5-600 for them.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:05 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

If the $ is keeping you from getting a top-notch header go with an x-pipe and straight-through catback. But if you must drop $ for the additional 10 ten-end hp, +1 on the Mac.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:01 PM
modmach

for the gain and $$ your spending I would just get a used N2O setup and have some fun.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:10 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by modmach
for the gain and $$ your spending I would just get a used N2O setup and have some fun.
He can put it off and get something with greater gains for the money but if you mod this car enough you will come to find that LTs are necessary. No matter which way you go (minus going the turbo route) you're gonna need headers, you can't get max hp in an N/A setup unless you get LTs, same goes for blower and spray, the stock manifolds can only do so much.

Quick Reply: Headers....