Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

LTs are on.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 08:19 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Default LTs are on.

After much delay my SLP LTs are on. Their's always much discussion about the cost/benefit ratio with the change. I'll put it this way...if it can be worked in the budget it's definitly worth it. The cost for a quality set is a given, everyone knows it's expensive. The benefit, however, has always sounded so subjective to me. All I ever heard is how they yield a loss of torque to be made up for by top-end power. The loss of low-end power, I would say, applies more to those running the stock 3.55s and trying to launch at the track. If you have 4.10s or steeper you will feel a definite difference. Once your at mid-range rpm in any gear, when you hit the gas the power comes on a little quicker as the decrease in backpressure is more immediate than a midpipe/catback change. Now the sound...it's better as well. It's a more tuned sound that is more reflective of the gas given by the driver. No point to this thread really. Just rambling about the tingle that's still in my stomach. I hope the change drops my ET and raises my mph at the track, though I wouldn't expect them to by alot. Gonna wait for the temps to drop to try for a 12.1x and 113 mph. May be overshooting with that but damn she feels good.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:36 AM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Congrats, make sure they're tight! I have already had 2 header installs since I bought mine last January... I got 3,000 into mine easy, not worth it anymore imo lol. Sound great though.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:54 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

i'd look for a 12.0 not a 12.1
Old 09-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

nice man..got any sound clips??
Old 09-23-2010, 06:38 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Nice.. are toy planning on going FI in the future?
Old 11-22-2010, 11:40 PM
MTBer
1st Gear Member

Did you actually notice a difference as far as loss of low-end torque? I'm looking at doing whatever I can to bolster the 2000-4000 rpm range, so headers may not be what I'm looking for.

For what it's worth, I am planning on going with 4.10's before the header installation.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MTBer
Did you actually notice a difference as far as loss of low-end torque? I'm looking at doing whatever I can to bolster the 2000-4000 rpm range, so headers may not be what I'm looking for.

For what it's worth, I am planning on going with 4.10's before the header installation.
Not much of a diff but I could feel it, feels good up top though. I would get the 4.10's first though because headers are effing expensive and require far more maintenance than I ever anticipated...
Old 11-23-2010, 03:34 AM
MTBer
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fstanggt96
Not much of a diff but I could feel it, feels good up top though. I would get the 4.10's first though because headers are effing expensive and require far more maintenance than I ever anticipated...
I know installation is supposed to suck something awful, but what kind of maintenance are you referring to? If I'm going to go through hell getting those things on and only pick up a few hp at the upper range, I might as well say screw it, bend over, and cam it up to my liking.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:15 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MTBer

Didn't notice any loss at all, she rips. W/ 3.55s may be a slightly different story but you're doing 4.10s so yours will rip too. As far as maintenance after the fact, just have a top-notch respectable shop do it and you will be fine. Take my advice, don't try to do it yourself unless you are a mechanic with a lift.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:04 PM
watman02
2nd Gear Member

deffinatly on a lift it makes it soo much easier put lt's on my buddys 96 gt and once the K-member is out it is cake!!!

Quick Reply: LTs are on.