Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

"Trac Off" button confusion

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Kydwykkyd
1st Gear Member

Default "Trac Off" button confusion

Ok on my 04 Mach 1 there's 3 buttons under the CD player. "rear window heating" "Trac Off" and "fog light". What is "Trac off"? When the light is on is the traction control off or on? Is it like a double negative? Its so conufsing. What are the pros/cons of having the button lit/unlit (please try not to use "on" or "off" cuz its confusin. please say "lit" or "unlit") THank you
Old 11-19-2010, 03:50 PM
machracer11
3rd Gear Member

With the trac off button lit your traction control is off (car will not automatically cut back on throttle when it detects wheel slip) and when the button is not lit your traction control is on and working. the only time i ever turn mine off is whenever I am racing or doinging something unnecessary i.e. burnouts etc.

I would definitely say leave it on (unlit) during normal driving, that little button has kept me out of tight spots a time or two
Old 11-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Harryman2002
3rd Gear Member

When you turn the car on the button is not lit up (traction control is on). When you push the button the light is on (traction control is off). When its on (light is off) and you spin your tires it will limit your power and keep your tires from spinning. When its off (light is on) then you can spin your tires all you want.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Mach1man
2nd Gear Member

Just a side note, with a handheld programmer, you can program the traction control to always be off (light on permanantly), so you don't have to keep hitting the button all the time! Mine's been programmed off for years! LOL!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Larry Warcup
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mach1man
Just a side note, with a handheld programmer, you can program the traction control to always be off (light on permanantly), so you don't have to keep hitting the button all the time! Mine's been programmed off for years! LOL!
...same...

Larry
Old 12-02-2010, 08:47 PM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

I know it is a safety and liability issue, but I would MUCH prefer the traction control off by default and only work if I turn it on.

I too have mine programmed off all the time, but it would be nice if I could reverse the default setting. Then I could turn it on if it is snowing or raining heavily, but it would be off otherwise.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Lol, its the second thing I do when I get in my car, right after starting it
Old 12-14-2010, 11:23 AM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fstanggt96
Lol, its the second thing I do when I get in my car, right after starting it
LOL I did that until I forgot to turn it off once at the track and ruined a run with traction control (embarassing). I decided to just program it off all the time. I'd love to be able to switch the default setting to off and allow me to select it on if I choose.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:54 AM
1HottMach
1st Gear Member

+1 I wish I had to turn it on instead of off because I actually use it on occasion.. Florida gets some of the heaviest rain I have ever seen in my life, so I find the traction control very useful in the rain ;-)
Old 12-15-2010, 08:56 AM
yial

This is a little off topic, but, if you were to get into an accident with TC off, would that be similar to contributory negligence. (Like, if you get into an accident while your seatbelt is off, you contributed, you have more responsibility, eg, someone hits you and you get hurt, but if you have to sue, you might be ruled to be 80% responsibly because you had your seatbelt off.)

Quick Reply: "Trac Off" button confusion