Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Need a good reputable shop

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 05:44 PM
grif62
2nd Gear Member

Default Need a good reputable shop

What is a good reputable shop in Winter Springs, Fl, or Orlando area, that can install long tube headers. I am just worried that a shop can really screw some things up.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:58 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

hey man can't really help you because I live far away but just a tip make sure whoever does it clears the dipstick tube. If they squeeze it between the LTs and the head you blow the gasket right out and the install will have to be done all over again, not to mention needing another dipstick and tube. You'll know by sound if it happens. Speaking from experience here.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:13 PM
grif62
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rygi23
hey man can't really help you because I live far away but just a tip make sure whoever does it clears the dipstick tube. If they squeeze it between the LTs and the head you blow the gasket right out and the install will have to be done all over again, not to mention needing another dipstick and tube. You'll know by sound if it happens. Speaking from experience here.
Can you explain more about this lol, I feel kinda dumb now.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:46 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Take it to VMP.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:14 AM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

From the guy that has almost $1400 in header installs... Dont find the cheapest place, dont even find a middle of the road place, go to the absolute best place in your area and get it done right or they will f*** your car up! LOL. The first place that did mine(VanCoors in Puyallup, Wa) bolted my motor in crooked, broke my dipstick, stripped out two o2 sensors and charged me for new ones, didnt install all of my stage 8 locking header bolts... said they couldnt get all of them in. $650 for that BS. about 6 months later the gaskets blew out and I had TMS- The Mustang Shop in Auburn, Wa do it all over again and they performed wonders. $711 for that. Keep in mind I also payed $1350 for my header/midpipe combo lol. I hate my life and am kepping an eye out for a Cobra now, so all that stuff was a complete waste. Yeah I know im retarded
Old 12-07-2010, 10:37 AM
grif62
2nd Gear Member

Haha wow I'm sorry to hear that, good look on trying to find a cobra hope you get a good deal. So I narrowed it down to two places around my area, lamotta or real street performance. Have you guys heard either one of them and if you have which place would you trust?
Old 12-07-2010, 03:37 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

VMP..
Old 12-07-2010, 03:38 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fstanggt96
From the guy that has almost $1400 in header installs... Dont find the cheapest place, dont even find a middle of the road place, go to the absolute best place in your area and get it done right or they will f*** your car up! LOL. The first place that did mine(VanCoors in Puyallup, Wa) bolted my motor in crooked, broke my dipstick, stripped out two o2 sensors and charged me for new ones, didnt install all of my stage 8 locking header bolts... said they couldnt get all of them in. $650 for that BS. about 6 months later the gaskets blew out and I had TMS- The Mustang Shop in Auburn, Wa do it all over again and they performed wonders. $711 for that. Keep in mind I also payed $1350 for my header/midpipe combo lol. I hate my life and am kepping an eye out for a Cobra now, so all that stuff was a complete waste. Yeah I know im retarded
Take them off and put them in the cobra, duh!
Old 12-07-2010, 05:39 PM
grif62
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by darkmach1
VMP..
Lol my bad, going retarded here.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:30 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grif62
Can you explain more about this lol, I feel kinda dumb now.
don't know how to explain it more, lol. As tight as the install is, the dipstick tube is easily not seen behind the k-member and all when putting the LTs up in there and isn't moved out of the way if the installer isn't careful.

Originally Posted by Fstanggt96
I hate my life and am kepping an eye out for a Cobra now, so all that stuff was a complete waste. Yeah I know im retarded
Something's telling me you're forgetting how badass your car is because you drive it everyday. It's very easy to do. There were 3 termis at the track last sunday, don't know everything they had but all atleast had DRs out back. My car which is modded similar to yours, was faster than 2 of them. The other one ran high 10s though, lol. By the way, I went through a very similar ordeal with the LTs, it happens to all of us.

Quick Reply: Need a good reputable shop