Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

New MACH 1 owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 12:49 PM
01GTDropTop
2nd Gear Member

Default New MACH 1 owner

Hey guys, before I deployed last year I had a 2001 GT Conv Mineral Gray.

Now upon returning, I stumbled across a 2003 Mach 1 DSG, 5 speed w/ 45K miles. It was going for $14,700 but talked the dealer down to $13,350 out the door.

Below are some pics.

At the dealership

At a local park on base

Needless to say I am very pleased with my purchase.

Im going to remove the ugly magnaflow catback that the previous owner has put on and replace it with SLP LM1 catback. Soon to follow SLP catted X pipe.

He has already installed lowering springs, K&N drop in, and 18x9 Cobra R rims (polished aluminum).

Which brings a question to mind, some of these aluminum wheel cleaners say not for use on polished aluminum rims w/ a clear coat? How do I know if there is a clear coat on them? They just looked polished, nothing like a factory clear coated aluminum rim.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Glad you got back safely my man. that's one hot ride bro! Congrats!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:56 PM
01GTDropTop
2nd Gear Member

Where is MO are you located? Im stationed in Fort Riley, KS.

I actually found a 03 Cobra 70K miles for $14,900 in Independence, MO but it sold in two hours upon the dealership opening. I couldnt make it there in time.

Luckily I found this Mach 1 in Topeka.

Thanks, your ride looks vicious!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01GTDropTop
Where is MO are you located? Im stationed in Fort Riley, KS.

I actually found a 03 Cobra 70K miles for $14,900 in Independence, MO but it sold in two hours upon the dealership opening. I couldnt make it there in time.

Luckily I found this Mach 1 in Topeka.

Thanks, your ride looks vicious!
My man, I was staioned at Fort Riley back in the day (2-34 Armor). I'm now at Fort Leonardwood. I just got back from down range a year ago this month and as you I wanted to upgrade (hence the S/C hood/bumper and so more goodies). If you're ever in this area look me up!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:45 PM
01GTDropTop
2nd Gear Member

Will do bro. I've been looking for some sort of mustang club, group, something in Kansas. Lol not much luck.

1-18 IN here.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I'll be coming down to Frot Riely next summer. I'll look you up bro! Once again bad a** ride my man!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:04 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Nice, congrats! It's a nice upgrade over a stock GT! lol I did the upgrade myself.

The catback isn't "ugly" it's that the tips are sticking out WAAAY too far lol. Hopefully they are not welded on and can be pushed in more.

A short throw shifter, tune, better air filter with midpipe and catback and you will prob be around 300rwhp.

Oh and PLEASE rip of that giant antenna LOL Get a "shorty" one from American Muscle/UPR/Stack Racing.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:36 AM
01GTDropTop
2nd Gear Member

Question

Originally Posted by smitty2919
Nice, congrats! It's a nice upgrade over a stock GT! lol I did the upgrade myself.

The catback isn't "ugly" it's that the tips are sticking out WAAAY too far lol. Hopefully they are not welded on and can be pushed in more.

A short throw shifter, tune, better air filter with midpipe and catback and you will prob be around 300rwhp.

Oh and PLEASE rip of that giant antenna LOL Get a "shorty" one from American Muscle/UPR/Stack Racing.
It's not only the looks but the sound of the magnaflow exhaust that's ugly. Haha Thats why I ordered the whole SLP LM1 catback to take care of the sight and sound.
Also in that order are some Hawk street brake pads and a 8" shorty antenna. Way ahead of you.

It has a K&N drop in filter now, would a JLT RAI give me that much better of a gain? Been doing many searches and says its beneficial from stock to JLT RAI , but wondering if I'm good where I'm at now? Thanks.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:03 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01GTDropTop
It's not only the looks but the sound of the magnaflow exhaust that's ugly. Haha Thats why I ordered the whole SLP LM1 catback to take care of the sight and sound.
Also in that order are some Hawk street brake pads and a 8" shorty antenna. Way ahead of you.

It has a K&N drop in filter now, would a JLT RAI give me that much better of a gain? Been doing many searches and says its beneficial from stock to JLT RAI , but wondering if I'm good where I'm at now? Thanks.
No, don't bother with any CAI setup. MOST do it for looks of a cleaner intake pipe rather than the rubber tube with the ugly silencer box on the front.

I have one only because I bought the car with it already there. If you are going to get a "CAI" (quotes because the stock setup is a CAI drawing cooler air from the filter) then try to find a used one cheap.

Don't know why I don't have a clean engine bay shot lol:

It is an MRT (Mustang Racing Technologies) CAI that is no longer made I guess.

Go over to M1R. A lot of good Mach 1 specific info over there. I'm "smith30" over there.

Last edited by smitty2919; 11-15-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:51 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Congrats man. Shweet Mach. The LM1s w/ catted X will give you alot of sound. I've had good results with the JLT ram air.

Quick Reply: New MACH 1 owner