Massachusetts Regional Chapter Chapter President: Torch_Vert

Mass Chit-Chat

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 06:23 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Jeez...that stinks.... Just an hour?
Yea, about 30min of driving down, then about 30 min back before I hit the rubber. It was literally 2 exits away from where I get off.

Originally Posted by I_Call_D.I.B.s
That sucks. Where did you get the alignment done?

Oddly enough, I just finished reading Torch's recommendation for GT500 LCAs in the 4.0L tech section:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l...placement.html

Time for an upgrade?
Got the alignment done at gray's on 110. Like I said I liked it there, guys son also drives an 03 cobra and should be signing up here soon per our conversation.

I thought about the GT500 A-Arms, but my other ball joint is fine, so I'll just have the 1 replaced.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:43 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by killdar
pretty sure I saw shad on 95 today
Yea you did, I kept trying to get you to look over but you wouldn't lol...so I just sped on by you haha
Old 05-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

The FR axle just arrived. These things do look much nicer with a coat of paint. (the raw steel production axles have always annoyed me)
Old 05-30-2012, 05:19 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
The FR axle just arrived. These things do look much nicer with a coat of paint. (the raw steel production axles have always annoyed me)
niiiice man

i'm strongly contemplating ordering that setup as well...won't have to worry about buying all new parts and paying for the labor to have it installed, which would probably come out more expensive if i buy each and every piece and have it installed instead of that one piece...

or does that come unessembled?????
Old 05-30-2012, 05:39 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

W00t! My new torque wrench arrived. I just need to get some sockets and a spring compressor and the Konis go in this weekend. Was going to do it later but I missed registration for the SCCA Solo school this weekend.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shad2009
niiiice man

i'm strongly contemplating ordering that setup as well...won't have to worry about buying all new parts and paying for the labor to have it installed, which would probably come out more expensive if i buy each and every piece and have it installed instead of that one piece...

or does that come unessembled?????
Yeah, MUCH cheaper than buying all the bits and having it thrown together.

This comes fully assembled, and even filled with oil, just like they plucked it straight off the assembly line.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

W00t! My new torque wrench arrived. I just need to get some sockets and a spring compressor and the Konis go in this weekend. Was going to do it later but I missed registration for the SCCA Solo school this weekend.
Cool, which Koni's are you going with? STR.T's or Yellows?

Have a set of Koni FSD's I ordered seeming ages ago showing up tomorrow myself.

p.s. If anyone is looking for a good deal on a full Bilstein HD shock and strut setup, plus Steeda Ultralite springs, drop me a PM. I need to revise my suspension (back to factory height and much softer) because I'm moving to a location with a ridiculous steep driveway slope and some very uneven unpaved roads).

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 05-30-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:34 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

Yellows, since I will be autocrossing it from time-to-time. I would be interested in your springs except the class I plan on running forbids them and I'm running short on mod money. Maybe later.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:49 PM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Yellows, since I will be autocrossing it from time-to-time. I would be interested in your springs except the class I plan on running forbids them and I'm running short on mod money. Maybe later.
Sweet man, what TQ wrench did you go with?

Also, turns out I just ordered the GT500 A-Arms. Ford doesn't even have a part # or price for ball joint because they just tell you to replace the arm. Parts guy wanted $180 for a set, so I just picked up the GT500 ones for $213 after the discount.

Oy! Chunk of rubber cost me 2 bills and 2 weeks!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:05 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by S197GT07
Sweet man, what TQ wrench did you go with?
http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Inst...8422018&sr=8-1

It was either this or one of the CDI click-wrenches. CDI currently makes Snap-On's torque wrenches and PI used to, until their patents ran out and Snap-On started making a clone. It's expensive, but not Snap-On expensive, and I don't trust Craftsman or off-brand wrenches. Too many stories of them breaking.

Oh, and it's made in the USA, so now I feel all patriotic-like.

Quick Reply: Mass Chit-Chat