Massachusetts Regional Chapter Chapter President: Torch_Vert

Got pulled over by the cops today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 03:52 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Default Got pulled over by the cops today...

I was going down a back road on the way to an appt this morning, and construction had it closed down to a narrow one way for about a mile as they were installing water pipe in a trench on the other side.

Went by a couple cops on detail along the way, and was about 100' from the end of construction when the officer watching that end of the construction waves me over. Of course I'm thinking "what did I do..." Check my speed...15mph... no other vehicles in sight, couldn't have cut anyone off...wth?

The officer walks up to my driver's door and says "You look like you'd probably know, How do the current Mustangs stack up against the new Camaro ZL1?"

We spent about three minutes (until some traffic came up behind) discussing the relative HP ratings of the cars in question, and how neatly Ford had blindsided Chevy at the LA Auto Show. He hadn't heard about the 650HP rating on the 2013 GT500. To quote his response: "That's not a car, that's a starship"!

Some days are just funny...

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 08-31-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:40 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

lucky you, i've a had a terrible day...but this definately made it a little better...Ford FTW...STARSHIP!!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

I was talking to my daughter last night. I worked out this was exactly the third time I've been "stopped" by the cops since I've had the 'stang (bought in '05)

Years ago, one Brookline cop waved me over while going through Lars Andersen Park, to ask what kind of Mustang it was, and why the heck was the top up on a gorgeous Spring day (I'd just washed it, and the top was still wet).

On a road trip out in Indiana, I was a bit above the limit on a long empty stretch and got flagged by an Indiana state trooper. He asked a bunch about the car and let me go with a verbal warning to take it easy 'til I hit Illinois...

Then yesterday, of course.

I guess one "legit" stop in seven years is pretty good for a not-exactly-inconspicuous red convertible.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:50 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

That's pretty funny,

I've been "stopped" a few times as well, and its always a good laugh. Hell, I've been catless for 2+ years and they don't care.

Although, I have a good theory, cops like american muscle cars.

Case and point:
A buddy of mine was out living in Cali, and was running an O/R H and Corsas. He was on the highway, and there was a big tunnel coming up. He checks around, nobody in front, nowhere for cops to hide on the side, and a "Biker gang" a 1/2 mile behind him.

Once he enters the tunnel, he drops the hammer. RPM's climb, quite loudly as you would expect from a catless setup and a straight through muffler. After the tunnel, he tosses it back into 5th and coasts down.

As he cruised along, he noticed the "biker gang" was getting closer, no big deal right?

It was a group of motorcycle cops.

They passed him, looked over, and all gave a thumbs up.

Even in Cali, the theory holds true!
Old 09-04-2012, 11:53 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

WOW...i'd be scared ****less haha...i haven't had any troubles with just my muffler delete, i've gotten a few thumbs up from cops
Old 09-04-2012, 12:06 PM
pilatti1
2nd Gear Member

There are some cool cops out there just hope the one that pulls you over is one of them!!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Cool story and cop. My only pull over in the 'Stang was by a bored cop I like to call Barney Fife. I was leading a group of buddies for a long day ride who were all on Harleys and as we pull into this small town (that is packed with bikers), this cop singles me out and promptly issues a fix it ticket for no front plate.

No comments about the car, just all about business. The funny part is when I temporarily install the front plate and have our 1 local village cop stop by to sign off on the plate was installed. He could not believe I was pulled for the plate alone and nevers bothers anyone with that violation unless they are doing something else wrong or are acting stupid. But then again, he is a car guy with a sweet late '60s GTO that we discussed at length.

Last edited by Doogie65; 09-04-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:12 PM
wonospeed

I had a cop tailgate me on the way home from the track last weekend and it was a new ford explorer so of course I have no idea it's a cop(state trooper actually) and instead of moving over I was in 6th and eased into the throttle and got to about 105 and then the blue lights came on then I'm on the side of the highway waiting for a very expensive ticket and the trooper tells me the my registration has expired which should be two strikes against me know but I have a clean driving record and he just says take it easy and make sure to renew my reg. no ticket nothing everytime I have gotten pulled over in a mustang I dont get a written warning or ticket I think most cops like mustangs and I'm very grateful for that
Old 09-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wonospeed
I had a cop tailgate me on the way home from the track last weekend and it was a new ford explorer so of course I have no idea it's a cop(state trooper actually) and instead of moving over I was in 6th and eased into the throttle and got to about 105 and then the blue lights came on then I'm on the side of the highway waiting for a very expensive ticket and the trooper tells me the my registration has expired which should be two strikes against me know but I have a clean driving record and he just says take it easy and make sure to renew my reg. no ticket nothing everytime I have gotten pulled over in a mustang I dont get a written warning or ticket I think most cops like mustangs and I'm very grateful for that
You must have run into the nicest cop on the planet right there...
Old 12-30-2012, 06:44 PM
chaoscentral
2nd Gear Member

I've been pulled over about 3 times since I got my Mustang, and not 1 has ended in a ticket.

Best one, I was on route 1 where it opens up to about 3 lanes, and this new Camry was trying to egg me on, I usually don't waste the gas but was feeling frisky since I just got out of work. So He hits it, I hit it, flew by him approaching 5th gear(120mph cuz of the 4.10s) and just as it shifted I see a car out of my peripheral slow down real fast. Was an unmarked statie in an all black Charger. Puts on his lights I immediately slow down and pull over. He was real nice, he said "Any particular reason you are doing 90?" he wrote down 60 in a 50 on the ticket and told me to take it easy, but it never got turned in and never showed on my record. I swear I have a horseshoe when it comes to tickets. I have maybe 1 total and it was from my first stop in my SHO.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over by the cops today...