Members Mustangs This section is for picture threads relating to members Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

1995 Crystal White Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 11:02 AM
arabianobsession
2nd Gear Member

Default 1995 Crystal White Coupe

I bought her back in 2010 from a friend of mine as a bone stock V6 5 speed car, and she is now the subject of a V8 swap!

How she looked not long after we bought her....

After a good cleanup, new rims and headlights....

And currently!

My husband and I stated buying parts last July and officially began the swap in October. Since everything in the car was original (and old), we decided to completely gut everything out, repaint it, and install all new parts. We should be done by June, it's been both a lot of fun and a pain in the ***, haha.

This is just the tip of the iceberg with this project, there will be MUCH more to come!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:38 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Look forward to seeing more pics of the build.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

welcome.. GL with the build..
Old 06-18-2012, 10:40 AM
arabianobsession
2nd Gear Member

Update!!!

We've been very busy with the Mustang in the last 6 weeks and if all goes well she will be back together and running by June 30th, just a couple weeks away!

Pics:

After we tore out the dash. Not a fun thing to do, but it was easier than I expected. Just a few bolts and the whole thing comes out. Now, getting the dash harness out was a different story. Expect bloody knuckles if you attempt it, lol. Happily, the new dash harness is in now as well as the dash itself. Just a few loose ends to tie together and the interior is done.

Rear end is back together! Not my favorite suspension setup back there but it will do for now. In a couple years it will probably be torn out for a panhard bar and torque arm or an IRS.

Driveshaft is on its way, exhaust is being routed as we speak (we picked an SLP catback), and the rear end was rebuilt.

Engine and trans are in!!! It looks great between the strut towers and the old V6 hood still fits with a little modification to the caster/camber plates. Just a few loose ends in the wiring (literally, haha) to figure out and that is pretty much done as well.

Once this is done I'll have lots more pics, and even a few videos, posted on here for anyone interested in a similar swap, plus everything we had to change out and the cost of the swap to bring a little reality to those who think this is a simple procedure. I admit, it cost more that I originally thought (doesn't it always????), but I'm still VERY happy with the end result thus far. I wouldn't have done it any other way, looking back on it, but we did go about it the hard way. Knowing what I know now, I'd have a lift and a donor car

More to come....
Old 06-21-2012, 11:07 AM
arabianobsession
2nd Gear Member

P.S......mods can you please move this to the new engine swap section? Thank you!