Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

my 133k mile 2003 Whipple Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 04:51 PM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

Default my 133k mile 2003 Whipple Cobra

I got her @ 130k miles in AZ bone stock except cat back exhaust. This what I got her as

Didnt stay like that long...

First I tinted the lights and got rid of all the sundried crap that it had. and painted the chrome bumper inserts.

Then I added 10.5" wide wheels staggered with 315's on the back and dropped the car. FYI I never liked the bullits just straight traded for them with my stockers

Then took the tranny out and replaced it with a Cobra T-56 got rid of the old clutch, 10 spline input shaft, busted Throw Out Beraing retainer sleeve, and mcleod flywheel. And installed a forged liberty 26 spline input shaft, lightweight ACT 26 spline twin disc clutch and flywheel, Forged LFP TOB retainer sleeve and UPR firewall adjuster, as well as a LPW Diff girdle. SCT tune, Bassani off road X pipe, JLT cold air, 2.76 pulley, Billet Flow plenum, Accufab single blade throttle body and boost bypass was also done.
out with the old

In with the new

Bought a stage 4 ported blower and decided not to waste my time with it but instead I painted it and sold it.

One pic of the motor before I tore into her again

Then I got hit while parked by an Asian female lol

I decided to tear the blower off and install my Whipple

I dropped my fuel tank to install my FORE Triple pump fuel hat with 3 GT pumps that flow 340lph a piece. also installed -8 fuel line from tank to rails with 60lb injectors.

Decided it was a good time to install my new to me Corbeau TRS leather racing seats

Also upgraded my wiring from one FPDM (fuel pump driver module) to dual FPDM's with 8 ga power wire routed straight from the battery to dual 40a relays to feed the voltage I am gonna need to send to the pumps. Also ran 3 new sets of 12ga wire to the tank from the FPDM's. There is no wire loom in the pic so you can see the install. It could have been prettier but oh well.

Painted new front and rear bumpers added new rear tail lights and chin spoiler. Also picked a new set of staggered 17" black chrome SVT wheels. Threw brand new 315/35/17 Nittoe NT05R's on the rear and Proxis on the front and rolled her out. Still hadnt changed out the drivers side tail in this pic.

Oh yeah and here is a pic of last weeks whipple install.

I still need to take pics since I have installed all othe body parts but have to wait for the sun to come out in the God foresaken state!

Installed some polished Magnaflow tails on my existing Borla Stingers. Got them as close as I could to being straight and what not. I also had my buddy tint my lights Since the AM ones werent even close to being smoked. Then decided to take some pics down by the water while the weather was good.

Random shots

Old 04-24-2012, 08:06 PM
06gtdamon
2nd Gear Member

I was just reading this thread over on SVTP. Car looks amazing man! Great job.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:15 PM
vbstang13
3rd Gear Member

Great looking car and good job on the pics.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:42 PM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

Thanks alot of the pics were cell pics and the rest were taken with my Pentax K20D
Old 04-24-2012, 08:52 PM
01FPGT
1st Gear Member

awesome ride bro, looks great! wish i could get a cobra !
Old 04-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Very nice ride my man!!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:29 PM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

thanks fellas
Old 04-25-2012, 01:35 AM
Carolie04

I was just reading this thread over on SVTP. Car looks amazing man! Great job.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:03 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Not what I expected at all when I read the thread title! Looks like you're on the right track! Car looks great!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:51 PM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

You should have saw it or even worse driven it when I first bought it. Damn that car felt and looked like **** when I picked it up. Pics did no justice.

Quick Reply: my 133k mile 2003 Whipple Cobra