MOCSEM (Mustang Owners Club Of Southeastern Michigan)

New guy in SE MI!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 06:55 PM
93formulalt1

Default New guy in SE MI!

Hello guys, I found this little corner of the site and thought I'd throw a thread up to introduce myself!

My name is Nick, I live in Adrian, MI, about 45 minutes SW of Ann Arbor. I currently drive a '93 Pontiac Formula, which is my pride and joy, and this week, if everything goes according to plan, I'll be driving home an '89 Mustang 5.0 Convertible. I am trading my truck for it, since I was given a decent beater for the winter, and you can never have too many "toys" lol.

I really hope this deal goes through, there are a couple of little things that will need to be taken care of before any titles change hands, but it should go down without a hitch.

Is there a meeting next month? I know I already missed the club meeting on the 9th of this month, but I might be able to make it out for a meeting in October if you are having one. . . I try to make it out to the Royal Oak area once in a while to meet up with an F-Body club I'm in, we cruise Woodward on the weekends (weather permitting, of course), and after I pick up the Mustang, I'd like to take it out to let those guys check it out.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:04 PM
06steeda
2nd Gear Member

Hello Nick;
Welcome to the site! We have meetings every 2nd Tues. of the month. Check website for more details. Even though cruising season is winding down, we still have a ton of stuff we do. Today we went to a car show and all our members won awards and trophies, then had an ice cream cruise in afterwards There is another cruise in this Thurs. with one of our members having a photo shoot done with her car. Come check us out when you can!
Old 09-21-2008, 07:12 PM
88T-TOP
2nd Gear Member

hey nick im nick welcome to the site and hopefully things work out for you...and i used to have a 95 camaro and i was on www.mifbody.com for a long time but...i sold the camaro because i love mustangs more!

enjoy your stay!
Old 09-21-2008, 07:51 PM
1BADD05
3rd Gear Member

welcome! Yes please check out our website for all kinds of info... www.mocsem.com

Mike
VP (MOCSEM)
Old 09-21-2008, 07:55 PM
93formulalt1

It's a small world! What was your username on MIFBody? I'm actually a moderator over there. . . lol

I could never give up my Formula, I fell in love with it once, and it's been an addiction since then. haha. I'm actually kind of lucky to be able to have both the Formula and possibly the 5.0. The Formula is definitely faster, considering the 'stang is bone stock, but the Mustang is going to make a sweet cruising vehicle, since it gets better gas mileage and is a 'vert. I'm just going to be glad to get rid of my truck, I've been trying to get into something different for about a month and a half. Never thought I'd be trading for a Mustang though.

I'll try to make it to some events this year, assuming I'm able to get this GT this week. . .

Oh, and just to share, my first car was a '73 Mustang Notch project car. I never got to drive it, but I did plenty of work on it before I sold it.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:02 PM
88T-TOP
2nd Gear Member

Quasar Camaro was my name on there did you used to have a orange camaro?
Old 09-21-2008, 11:48 PM
93formulalt1

Originally Posted by 88T-TOP
Quasar Camaro was my name on there did you used to have a orange camaro?
Yeah. The clutch system started acting up, and I'm ashamed to say it now, but I gave up on the car and sent it to the junkyard to make a quick buck. I replaced it last summer with my '93 Formula, and I can't believe I went so long without a V8. . . lol
Old 09-22-2008, 08:23 AM
2005mach1
4th Gear Member

Welcome Nick
check out the club we have a good time with great cars and people
Old 09-22-2008, 08:34 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005mach1
Welcome Nick
check out the club we have a good time with great cars and people

Welcome Nick

Hope you get your Mustang!

+1000 to what Mach said

Had a great time at the show yesterday and with all the crazy ladies at the social.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:18 AM
babyBstang
2nd Gear Member

Hey theresa were not crazy just misunderstood LOL
But yes nick we do have a great group of people out at the events and some may say or do some crazy things(oh thats only me) LOL
but its all in good fun....
Anyways hope to see you around at the events

Oh yes john you forgot to mention there will be chicks in bikinis too for all the guys to drool on.....

Quick Reply: New guy in SE MI!