Motor Swap Section Tech and Follow-My-Build Threads for members looking to put a different engine in their Mustang

Trick flow top end kit idle problems after install

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 07:08 PM
thejordan81

Angry Trick flow top end kit idle problems after install

Ok, I have a 1987 GT just installed complete trick flow top end kit. The care is running stock 19# injectors. Still have stock MAF, and 65mm throttle body. There are no vacuum leaks we searched for them ever where using break cleaner and checking hoses. the TPS was set at I believe .89. I cant rember what the timing was set at, but it was not near what it should have been. it runs good and strong, but when i come to a stop and put care in neutral it wont idle and just stalls. I have to keep fluttering gas to keep running. Also smells like care is running rich. I have read other post, but got no real answers. I was thinking of increasing the tps to .98, installing 80mm throttle body (i will be running nos), and changing out the stock MAF. I was also thinking maybe the care just needs to be tuned and thought about buying a fuel tech FT 350 EFI engine management system. Let me know what you think. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:48 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

I replyed to your other thread as this isn't the correct sub forum for this topic.

Also, just one open thread per topic please. Much less confusion....

Welcome to the forum by the way. Glad to have you
Old 01-16-2017, 07:54 PM
thejordan81

Angry Thanks and sorry

Still having trouble adjusted TPS sensor to .98 cleaned MAF with special cleaner. on first start the car will idle as long as you let it. I went to pull it out of garage for test drive and soon as I engage clutch and let of gas car still stalls.