MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mustang-news-concepts-rumors-and-discussion-22/)
-   -   How do you no if your a Ricer? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mustang-news-concepts-rumors-and-discussion/179978-how-do-you-no-if-your-a-ricer.html)

mustang_pa 01-01-2007 09:02 PM

RE: How do you no if your a Ricer?

great

99RioredSVT 01-16-2007 11:31 PM

To the guy who says that our muscle cars don't las very long, I hate to burst your bubble but my 1982 5.0 mustang has 312,000 on it's original engine and it still runs strong.

Wisconsin 5.0 01-17-2007 12:06 AM

Oh, this is so easy....No one in my typical middle-class neighborhood gets a woody when all the high school boys with their rice-grinders drive over to see the horny little cheerleader a few doors down. HOWEVER, when I back my 90 GT 5 spdwith mods out of the garage they all spill there coffee on their slippers, wish just once I would let them do a big smoky burn-out with it, drop a Blue Oyster Cult CD in and head out on the highway..........

02 GT 01-20-2007 01:24 AM

hey evoVII, do you think your funny?

3 words for you dude: don't smoke crack!!!!!

dynamho 01-29-2007 04:15 PM

StoneWolf and HomerSimpson15, to me, seems to be the sane ones in this funny thread.

We've got import fanbois that seem to be declaring superiority of forced induction and domestic muscle fanbois declaring the superiority of torque and big displacement.

There are many ways to make power (categorized into 3 different ways), each w/ their advantages and disadvantages. Horsepower is directly proportional to the amount of fuel combusted per time.
1. burn it with a larger combustion chamber (big displacement)
2. burn it by cramming more air (which needs more fuel) into the combustion chamber (FI)
3. burn more by burning faster (high RPM NA engines - VTEC and rotaries)

Each method is a valid way of getting HP and each has its disadvantages.
Big Displacement = heavy engine = heavier car
FI = comparatively numb throttle modulation
HiRPM NA = weak low-midrange output

Research if you wanna know more.

HP is well and good, but what happened to the rest of the car? Where's the discussion on vehicle dynamics? If you want to debate, debate the whole car please, and not just the engine.

BTW, KTownGT, your statement of "HP isn't everything... Torque Wins Races" is pretty vague and misleading.

1. What type of race are you talking about? There are so many kinds of races! I assume you're talking about drag racing?
2. It's not really engine torque that wins drag races, but how much SUSTAINED torque a car puts to the driving wheels. The sustained part is important because that's what HP does. You can increase torque with gearing and wheel size. If you what you say is true, diesel heavy equipment and semis would be winning drag races across the country.

BLackie, I found your comment regarding the bomb distasteful and irrelevant. Couldn't come up with a more logical argument?

Redneck97 01-29-2007 11:59 PM

99.9% of street raceing is in a straight line. Who the hell cares about other performance? Truely I dont Id rather have a nice drag/street car rather then some ricer witha giant wing and fart can attempting to drift and saying that a Honda Accord is fast....

Speed is speed pure and simple. If a car is fast then its fast. I could really care less what type of motor you have. But thats just me.:eek:

dynamho 01-30-2007 02:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Redneck97

99.9% of street raceing is in a straight line.
Only in our country.

Who the hell cares about other performance?
Quite obvious you don't. Apparently, unlike you, Ford cared to inject some money into the rest of the performance for the S-197 Mustangs. Somehow, I feel that you would be happier if Ford invested that money instead on a bigger supercharged engine while settling for skimpy brakes and sedan shocks all around.

Id rather have a nice drag/street car rather then some ricer witha giant wing and fart can attempting to drift and saying that a Honda Accord is fast....
I'd rather have neither. I'd rather have a performance car.

Speed is speed pure and simple.
Speed or acceleration? Please don't get the two mixed up.

If a car is fast then its fast.
I agree. This has little reflection on the driver's skill. It only proves that the driver owns a faster car.

I could really care less what type of motor you have. But thats just me.
Hmm. I'd try a jet engine!! That would rock! Unbeatable in a straight line. Put some wheels on it. King of the Streets!

DaGTKing46 02-06-2007 09:38 PM

[align=left] that is damn funny, but oh so true [/align]

JESTER01GT 02-14-2007 05:48 PM

I would never trade my mustang for any kind of rice rocket but I do have to admire SOME of them. I see a guy out at the track with a 99 hatchback civic with slicks on the front. At first I thought, oh great another civic that thinks hes fast. That was until he ran a 10.2. It blew my mind. I still love the purr of a v8 though:D

jaybarnes 02-25-2007 11:54 PM

First off let me say that mustangs always have and always will be my favorite but. I have a friend who a couple of hours ago lost to a BoostStang, with a stock EVO 8(exhaust, intake) I'll try to get the video up but. The same friend has a 88 RX7 that puts 355 to the wheels and beats 911 turbos on the highway. Nothing beats the feel or sound of a V8, but everyone here has to have some respect for some of these cars. I.E. Skylines, Supras, 3000GT's, EVO's. I mean there all 4-6 cylinders and capable of easily 1000hp. Im not sayin you have to like them but you have to atleast respect them.