MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mustang-news-concepts-rumors-and-discussion-22/)
-   -   How do you no if your a Ricer? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mustang-news-concepts-rumors-and-discussion/179978-how-do-you-no-if-your-a-ricer.html)

jaybarnes 02-25-2007 11:57 PM

RE: How do you no if your a Ricer?

i forgot to say he lost by no more than 1 maybe a car and a half. You can try to make up any excuse, but both cars had a near perfect launch, quick shifts, and both had 1 person each in the car.

mikesmustang50 02-26-2007 09:42 PM

thats o so true!

projects10 03-01-2007 01:59 PM

ok ive read some of these posts and i woud just like to state that there are some nice I4's and v6 's but you guys havent mentioned that horsepower sells cars and torque wins races. take a look at a buick gnx they have close to a little over 200 horse but they have over 300 torque. they run mid to low 13's stock. not bad. just thought id put in some info. im basically neutral in this except for the "punk attitude" thats y i am building an s10 with a 350 that has some tricks done to it. that should beat ALOT of the little hondas =]

Echothunder 03-03-2007 08:14 PM

Before I chime in let me throw some persepective, I do not have a mustang but I own a 73' Dodge Charger SE , I also have a 3000gt, and a 99 Eclipse RS with a Hahn stage 4 turbo on a bored over 4cyl.. I have a 4cy, 6cyl, and 8cyl. I love them all, but you have to know where to apply them.

Now as for this thread, yes naturally v8's stock push more hp and tq, however Ford is supercharging thier mustang to make it keep up, just as other are using TT's. Set aside how n why, look to application.

when you get to 1300hp on a vr4 which you can do for just over 10k, by supercharing it and using the TT's. Thomas Knight.com put it out, so its not so hard to achieve now. An AWD veh can and will apply its hp/tq to the ground with muchmore efficiencythen any RWD Mustang , Dodge,Corvetteor other wise. I am not being biased I am being realistic. Further more you take that 500hp mustang on to a mountain and try to apply the power and a stock VR4 with 320hpTT AWD will eat it for lunch cornering.

Now for the other side, there is just no replacement for raw Muscle, I can let go of my the steering wheel on my charger at the line.. drop my foot and roast the rubber till if falls off; and it will rise up, settle down and tear dead forward. My 5.0 Back end went way right everytime I broke loose... (thats my personal complaint about mustangs, light in the a$$). However, what V8's do very much do better then TT's is apply instant power when ever. I am not saying you cant have your TT spooled up ready to launch, what I am saying is you can be criusing at 35mph in any gear in your V8 and romp the gas and instant BAM your at 95mph shifting into 3rd. no spool up time at all ( At least thats how my 73 Charger moves.)

The point in burly 4cyl's is to have a light car that pulls the same kind of times your heavy american v8's pull and do it while getting 20mpg in gas., and having the comfort in knowing your little motor can do what big motors do (yes built little motor to stock big motor)

Now 6 cyls I think some of you underestimate dramatically. IF 6 cyls were making 6liter 6 cyls eating monsterous amounts of gas they could put out the same 350+ hp. But if you notice the 3.0- 3.5L 6 cyls NA put out 220 - 250 hp. Which is the same kind of hp a stock 289 or 302small block puts out. Lets see here thats a 4.7 L or a 5.0 L V8 putting out the same power as a 3L or 3.5L V6 both N/A. (more cylinders does not mean more juice)

More Cubic inches means more juice!!!!! Case in Point.
(why dont 6's make the blocks bigger then? Cause its more efficient to use turbos, supercharges, and technology to make the power rather then massive engine blocks) If you take all these cars you are talking about, then put them in a 24 hour road race the gas guzzlers would get F'd. And for what? The idea it gets more power? How much more? Where can it really be applied? Is that advantage going to make up as much time as an extra pit stop for fuel?

Any how,
My Charger only pushes abouty 450hp, but shes like a roller coaster withouta track, I will never ever sell her.
My 3000gt is a nice ride and my commuter, its nice to have a commuter thatll do 140mph.
My Eclipse pushing 300fwp is a toy, just that a toy and could be sold at any given time for upgrades to the charger or 3kgt.
Every one of them has thier place, some are more worth keeping then others, some are harder to replace.

Hope my opinions didnt ruffle any feathers, I am not on one side or the other when it comes to engine size. More over who knows how to take advantages of their machine of choice and exploit them for the win!

ThisBlood147 03-03-2007 08:24 PM

lol. I think that alot of the ppl signing onto this site just to defend the use of 4 and 6 cyl performance applications are still overlooking the simple fact that this thread is largely just a joke meant to poke fun at all the "poser" guys who bling out their rides to make 'em look fast..........without ever bothering to actually "make" them fast. And FWIW, u don't have to drive just a 4 banger or a Japanese car to fit into the "ricer" category............not anymore anyway. Equal opportunity.....yay.

[8D]

Shane3662 03-06-2007 04:40 PM

But what do you do when mom takes the play station away?

speedjunkie92 03-07-2007 12:26 PM

you know your a ricer if you put a wing on the back of a fwd car. if your muffler is louder than your weedwacker. if you have NOS written all over your car and there not stickers. if you paint your steel wheels chrome and over spray all over your tires. if you have 2 different taillights. if you think MOPAR is a performance exhaust system that you can get at WALMART

speedjunkie92 03-07-2007 12:37 PM

you knon your a ricer.......

if you put a wing on a fwd car and say its for traction but thats not the case

if your muffler is louder than your weedwacker

if you paint your stock steel wheels chrome and get over spray on the tires

if you think MOPAR is a performance exhaust that you can get at WALMART

if you have NOS written all over your car and there not stickers

if you have 2 different tail lights

oh and stickers add horse power...............NOT

if your car looks like the one next door and down the street and across the street

speedjunkie92 03-07-2007 12:37 PM

oops. know. sorry

speedjunkie92 03-07-2007 12:39 PM

stupid computer keeps messing me up