Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

I saw Barricade from Transformers!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 02:02 PM
MystichromeCobra969
1st Gear Member

Default I saw Barricade from Transformers!

Yesterday, I was getting my Cobra hand washed (yes, I know, for once I was too lazy to wash my own car) at the HB Car Wash on the corner of Beach Blvd and Garfield Avenue in Huntington Beach, CA, around 3 pm. I saw a Saleen looking exactly like Barricade from the Transformers movie pull up to the light on Beach. I couldn't find anything on the Saleen website about them producing full-scale Barricade replicas (only die-cast pocket cars). Either this guy was driving the actual movie car, or he spent some serious cash making his own Barricade.

Anyone know anything about this? I wonder if that car was a Saleen S281 Extreme like the movie car. I couldn't get a good look at it, as it was in the #2 lane, and a big stupid van was blocking my view. When the light turned green, I heard it take off. It wasn't super loud or anything, but at least it sounded like it had a V8.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Default RE: I saw Barricade from Transformers!

wouldnt it basically just be a paint job, and some extra police trim like the bull bar and roof lights?
Old 08-11-2007, 10:21 PM
MystichromeCobra969
1st Gear Member

Default RE: I saw Barricade from Transformers!

+ all the same decals. I wanted to know if maybe Saleen made a limited number of S281 Extremes as Barricade replicas. That's all.