Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Class action suit against Ford?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 06:41 PM
murry
1st Gear Member

Default Class action suit against Ford?

Does anyone know of a class action suit on behalf of Mustang owners? My Mustang leaks in the rain and several other owners said theirs do also. The dealer can't fix it...says they all do that. So, if they all do that, is any group taking action?

murry
Old 12-20-2008, 08:23 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Delete with a bad attitude!

Last edited by BruceH; 11-13-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:31 PM
GeritGoul
3rd Gear Member

wow..its like, "sorry buddy we cant help you, forgot to mention when you bought it that they all leaked..MY BAD!"...A-holes mang, def seek higher authority
Old 12-20-2008, 08:37 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

+1 to Bruce! Its a known problem with some of the newer ones, but its an easy fix that they know how to do. Find a different dealer...
Old 12-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

find a different dealer, i had mine fixed a while ago
Old 12-21-2008, 12:04 AM
o7 tungsten
3rd Gear Member

where is it leaking from?
Old 12-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

....just find a larger dealership in your general area that ca correctly fix your problem! ...perhaps call a few first
Old 12-21-2008, 09:03 AM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

mine won't reach 150 mph.... can I sue?
Old 12-21-2008, 10:21 AM
murry
1st Gear Member

Default where from?

Originally Posted by o7 tungsten
where is it leaking from?
All,
I am guessing it is leaking past the door seals in the upper half of the door area, or maybe the mirrors (?), then it runs down the inside of the door seal to the bottom of the door and backs up to where it spills on the threshold.

Second guess, two leaks, one the door seal and two, leaking down the upholstery panel and landing on the thresshold.

The dealer is the best in my locale. I had it in 7 times no result. I must say, they did try to the best of their (limited) ability. As for the Ford rep...let's be clear...they call themselves "field engineers"...that is bull, they are "insurance adjusters" and their job is to DENY claims to save money.

The factory rep has seen the car twice. Says they all do that. they pulled a new Mustang out of the lot and hosed it down for 15 minutes and that one had similar...not necessarily the same... leaks. They will not "look at this problem again". I went to the lemon law thing without a lawyer...big mistake. They just brushed me off.

since their excuse is "they all do that"..even though I had pictures of a friends car that does not leak, I would like to find a class action suit to join. They deserve at least as much misery as they caused me.

Last edited by murry; 12-21-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:34 AM
murry
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joolander
find a different dealer, i had mine fixed a while ago
did you have rain leaking onto the thresshold and staying there until on the following day in sunshine...you opened thedoor and let the water run out?

Or did you have one of the other problems like...water in the fuse box or in the carpets?

Do you know *what* they replaced and how they fixed it? PM me the name and number of your dealer who fixed it and Iwill call them and ask them how they fixed it.

All, if I *knew* where it was leaking from I would make t hem fix it. But, with most leaks..you can tell where the water ends up but not how it gets there.

Quick Reply: Class action suit against Ford?