Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Pony Package color question....

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:12 AM
FurryHippie

Default Pony Package color question....

Hey guys thanks for your help so far...I did decide to get the V6 premium with Pony Package, but I do have a question that's confusing to me. I've seen videos and pictures of a two-tone black/saddle leather seats for the Pony Package, but the 2010 Pony Package doesn't seem to have any trim options (beside the V-6 Premium options of the black/gray/saddle leather). Is the two tone thing a mod or an earlier model? The saddle color of the two-tone appeared to be darker brown as well...Thank you guys for your patience and all your help!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:20 AM
KITT
1st Gear Member

hey im glad to hear your buying one. Can i ask why you dont wait for 2011 model with the new V-6 that will have nearly 300 horsepower?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:56 AM
FurryHippie

Originally Posted by KITT
hey im glad to hear your buying one. Can i ask why you dont wait for 2011 model with the new V-6 that will have nearly 300 horsepower?

Hey Kitt, sure...there's actually a few reasons.

1) Most importantly, my current car is on its last legs and I doubt it will last the year lol....I'm 25 and just went back and finished college, so I've been driving hand-me-downs that don't have a long shelf life. Getting a new car is a gift for graduating.
2) Obviously I'm not planning on hitting triple digits or have any desire to race people (I know that will ruffle feathers around here, sorry lol, but hear me out). I'm going to be moving to the Hoboken area in the coming months so it's not as if there's much open road....Money will be tight after rent and food too (I'm rooming with a buddy), so the V-6 is also a gas-saver. Basically, it's economical for a young professional that won't have too much disposable income or long, open roads.
3) I can't get into the whole "why don't you get the next model?" game. Even if it was feasible for my poor hand-me-down to last one more year, if I got the 2011, I bet then I'd be hearing "Why didn't you wait for the 2012? It has 320 HP!" I suppose it's just the nature of life that the next thing will always be better!

Also, sorry guys for missing the 2010 Mustang sub-forum in the sticky. I was on the mobile site when I made the first post and didn't notice it! I re-posted there too so if any mod wants to delete this one, go right ahead
Old 08-03-2009, 09:29 AM
dconfer
1st Gear Member

I just picked up a v6 with the pony package. Well I ordered it that way. I like the front end of the v6 better then the gt. Also I dont need all the horses either because I would never use it. You will be very happy with the V6 I love mine. I get alot of good commints on mine.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:53 AM
KITT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FurryHippie
Hey Kitt, sure...there's actually a few reasons.

1) Most importantly, my current car is on its last legs and I doubt it will last the year lol....I'm 25 and just went back and finished college, so I've been driving hand-me-downs that don't have a long shelf life. Getting a new car is a gift for graduating.
2) Obviously I'm not planning on hitting triple digits or have any desire to race people (I know that will ruffle feathers around here, sorry lol, but hear me out). I'm going to be moving to the Hoboken area in the coming months so it's not as if there's much open road....Money will be tight after rent and food too (I'm rooming with a buddy), so the V-6 is also a gas-saver. Basically, it's economical for a young professional that won't have too much disposable income or long, open roads.
3) I can't get into the whole "why don't you get the next model?" game. Even if it was feasible for my poor hand-me-down to last one more year, if I got the 2011, I bet then I'd be hearing "Why didn't you wait for the 2012? It has 320 HP!" I suppose it's just the nature of life that the next thing will always be better!

Also, sorry guys for missing the 2010 Mustang sub-forum in the sticky. I was on the mobile site when I made the first post and didn't notice it! I re-posted there too so if any mod wants to delete this one, go right ahead
those are the same reasons i got my v-6 pony pkg. Very good reasons indeed.

I avaerage 29mpg on highway at 70mph so i surely agree on the gas part.

and i also agree about racing. Yes my goal is to get a used 5.0 years from now but for now my 210hp has plenty of bang for my everyday needs!!

and i totally agree about the whole " there is always something better a couple years down the road" you can never really win with that.

that being said.........congrats on getting the car. post some pics!!

i love my black one, highly recomend the black!!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:07 AM
FurryHippie

Haha you are a man of good taste....I did go with the black pony! It's definitely my personality...I think the reds and yellows around my town are a little too loud...I'm more of the quiet cool (debatable on the cool depending who you ask haha). I'm in California on Sunday but I'll be back in NY to get it sometime next week. I didn't go with any stripe detailing (for now) because I'm not sure how I'd like it. I figure I can always add it later, so I'll see if I feel something is "missing" after a few weeks of cruising. I'm definitely gonna tint up also. I went with the saddle leather interior because I think it really pops off of the black exterior. I've never been so ancy on a vacation before lol I'll definitely post some pics when the glorious day comes!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:29 PM
KITT
1st Gear Member

ive thought about putting red Boss striping on mine. i was quoted 300-400 bucks. they would remove the door stripes
Old 08-04-2009, 09:41 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

[QUOTE=KITT;6394274]

[QUOTE]

I can easily average over 30mpg on the highway at 70 in my GT... the problem is staying at 70 and not getting on the gas lol
Old 08-06-2009, 07:09 AM
KITT
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=acarzt;6396338][QUOTE=KITT;6394274]

I can easily average over 30mpg on the highway at 70 in my GT... the problem is staying at 70 and not getting on the gas lol

i know this. i live in the chicago area so unfortunatley i hit the breaks often.

however when i drove to memphis on open highway i got 31mpg over a 350 mile stretch. was quite happy with that!!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:49 PM
seawolf66

Good choice on model, Heh heh! I like mine and I am sure you will enjoy your new Pony too!
The tint really looks good and it is a cheap upgrade! Be sure to post your pictures when you get them.

Quick Reply: Pony Package color question....