Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Hey Ford fans, wanna hear what GM is doing to keep lost Pontiac and Saturn customers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Doesnt matter to me if they would repaint my car for free every year because of road wear I still wouldnt buy from GM. Do they have a few nice cars? Yes! The Camero is nice IMO, the Vet is fast as hell (even if I dont like how they look) but they ran themselves into the ground....and when they did that the lost my respect

Matthew
Old 11-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Couldn't tell ya the last time GM made a non-snooze worthy vehicle with the exception of the Vettes and new Maros... other than Impalas, generic "SUV", and generic "truck", I can't even name what they sell anymore... same for Cadillac. The last GM car I bought fell apart in 2 years... I shall forever be a Ford person now.

Let me throw in my 2 cents here: If the Big 3 want to survive, they need to capture our imaginations and thirst for having AWESOME FREAKIN' cars again. And if you don't know what I mean, check out a nice 'survivor' car from pre-1973. The craftsmanship and beauty that went into domestic autos back then is amazing.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
LMAO. That's just sad. Can't anyone just let their product do the talking for them anymore?
The SS Camaro starts at 40,000 dollars in Charleston, South Carolina. Don't forget that beautiful 1967 interior that sucks the peanuts out of your $hit.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:07 AM
ThunderMoon1994

Originally Posted by silverscmustang
gm sucks, i see these "GM product beats Ford product or Dodge product" take a look at the things they are comparing, its complete bs.

http://www.chevrolet.com/tools/compa...ntID=Chevrolet

BS
They didn't even spell "competitively" properly for the other three trucks lol. I've never heard of "competively"
Old 11-03-2009, 02:32 AM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Holy hell your right.
I like how having a larger curb weight is an advantage.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:55 AM
Formula
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by silverscmustang
http://www.chevrolet.com/tools/compa...ntID=Chevrolet

another for the camaro, mustang GT, and challenger R/T
The camaro is the most expensive and still has the check box!
Old 11-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

These speciliaty mustangs here in Charleston, South Carolina have a hefty price as well and is why I have stayed with my 05. Good for me payments will be done in less than a year.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:26 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GhostHorse
Couldn't tell ya the last time GM made a non-snooze worthy vehicle with the exception of the Vettes and new Maros...
Hey, they have the Pontiac Solstice and the Saturn Sky redline, theywere cute... Oh wait, they even killed of those brands, didn't they.
gun/foot.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Originally Posted by danzcool
Hey, they have the Pontiac Solstice and the Saturn Sky redline, theywere cute... Oh wait, they even killed of those brands, didn't they.
gun/foot.
They did - and I keep forgetting Pontiac and Saturn were integrated into the bloated, single minded conglomerate that GM has become, so didn't think to mention them. ;-)
Old 11-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Yeah..chevy's comparison thing is pretty faulty but most OEM comparalls on their web sites are. Fords is no better.

Quick Reply: Hey Ford fans, wanna hear what GM is doing to keep lost Pontiac and Saturn customers?