MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mustang-news-concepts-rumors-and-discussion-22/)
-   -   Spy Photos: Turbocharged Ford Mustang GT (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mustang-news-concepts-rumors-and-discussion/621661-spy-photos-turbocharged-ford-mustang-gt.html)

boomee 10-27-2010 10:12 PM

Spy Photos: Turbocharged Ford Mustang GT

wow needs premium fuel and can rev to 9 grand Awesome

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...ustang-gt.html
linky above

WoahPony 10-28-2010 10:22 AM

ford already announced they'd be using the ecoboost v6 in the mustang soon

machracer11 10-28-2010 11:42 AM

I definitely hope this isnt a spy picture of a GT without a v8... I think its an awesome idea for the sixxer but ill take 8 cylinders over 6 any day of the week turbo charged or not

there have been rumors flying around for a while about the GT eventually running the ecoboost engine instead of a v8

WoahPony 10-28-2010 12:14 PM

I've said it once and I'll say it again, it's not going to happen. It's going to be a great pony car that's for sure. but ford won't do what they did in the eighties again. they tried using smaller engines in the mustang and it just didn't work. eventually they gave up and turned it into the ford probe. as long as chevy builds a camaro with a V8 and dodge builds the challenger wih a V8, ford will continue to directly compete

machracer11 10-28-2010 12:31 PM

Thats definitely what i think (or hope anyway)... maybe ecoboost the six but the v8 has to stay and it has to fly like a bat out of hell, but then again, even if the ecoboost was faster I would still go v8, after all that is what a muscle car is about

jsaleen90 10-28-2010 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by WoahPony (Post 7264572)
I've said it once and I'll say it again, it's not going to happen. It's going to be a great pony car that's for sure. but ford won't do what they did in the eighties again. they tried using smaller engines in the mustang and it just didn't work. eventually they gave up and turned it into the ford probe. as long as chevy builds a camaro with a V8 and dodge builds the challenger wih a V8, ford will continue to directly compete

Why do you think Ford needs to compete against 2 companies that went bankrupt? Ford did just fine and should do what they feel they need to do to evolve and not worry about competing with the loosers.

I'm all for smaller engines and boost, but I guess I'm bias since I own a 5.0 V8 with a supercharger and a Twin turbo 3.0 6 cylinder supra. Supra wins hands down. Its not even close.

machracer11 10-28-2010 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by jsaleen90 (Post 7264638)
Why do you think Ford needs to compete against 2 companies that went bankrupt? Ford did just fine and should do what they feel they need to do to evolve and not worry about competing with the loosers.

I'm all for smaller engines and boost, but I guess I'm bias since I own a 5.0 V8 with a supercharger and a Twin turbo 3.0 6 cylinder supra. Supra wins hands down. Its not even close.

Ford needs to compete with two companies that went bankrupt because they are still Fords competition, they were saved, are still producing cars, and still able to affect fords sales and r&d.

and with the bias towards smaller engines and boost, yeah the supra is great but last time I checked they no longer sell them in the US and the supra is very different from the mustang or any american muscle car which are all about putting a big v8 engine in a small car... apples and oranges imo

ThisBlood147 10-28-2010 04:28 PM

No need to get too worked up. The car in that article is just a Boss test mule. Carry on...

03shadow 10-28-2010 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 (Post 7264978)
No need to get too worked up. The car in that article is just a Boss test mule. Carry on...

exactly what i was thinking lol

Shotgun Love 10-28-2010 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 (Post 7264978)

any explanation for the intercooler than?