Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

My Prix vs. Modded srt4

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 03:22 AM
HIONPSI
1st Gear Member

Default My Prix vs. Modded srt4

the srt4 is running 20 pounds I think. I have really bad traction issues under 50mph.
http://www.gtphorsepower.com/hosting...e=srt4 GTP.wmv
Old 05-26-2005, 03:44 AM
99Stang_V6
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My Prix vs. Modded srt4

omg..when you did it from a roll...i just laughed...you smoked that srt-4 like a chinese man with opium..if you didnt have those traction problems, you woulda beaten him from a roll too....man...its good to see a 3.8L smokin some really fast cars....now only if mine was that fast.......keep up the good work
Old 05-26-2005, 04:06 AM
99Stang_V6
2nd Gear Member

omg..when you did it from a roll
meant to say..when you did it from a stop...
Old 05-26-2005, 04:51 AM
UhadMEatGT
2nd Gear Member

Seemed like it was kind of a cheating take off from the stop though. That was the fastest honk and take off I've ever seen in a race. Didnt realize what a big following there is with those Grand Prix's, but I like em. Those things can spank some butt, modded. Sweet car, bet you surprise a lot of people in that?
Old 05-26-2005, 12:05 PM
HIONPSI
1st Gear Member

everyone here knows my car of course. It's got a huge Cobra R hood painted black as well as a few other apperance mods.... you can tell it's got work in it. Especially if it's running. You can't miss the cam.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:30 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

What was done with that SRT-4? It looked like to me he was beating you on every race except from the stop. The stop was kinda iffy too.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:59 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

You can't get traction below 50mph, yet he kicked your *** from a roll, then you beat him from a dig...weird.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:40 PM
supercouper

not to be an A** hole but the srt-4 sounded better! also those grand ****** are loads. what was gm thinkin when they put a super charger on a car with no intercooler they should have stuck with the turbos..
Old 05-26-2005, 07:05 PM
OUZBnd
3rd Gear Member

it's not designed to be a muscle car, FYI.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:55 PM
HIONPSI
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

What was done with that SRT-4? It looked like to me he was beating you on every race except from the stop. The stop was kinda iffy too.
The first pull he gets on it and gets traction before I do. Also, keep in mind I have an auto and had to down shift, he was already in the proper gear. You notice on the second pull, that he jumps a half car on me and then I start to pull alittle bit before he lets off.

You can't get traction below 50mph, yet he kicked your *** from a roll, then you beat him from a dig...weird.
Kicked my ***? Did we watch the same video? I would hardly call that an *** beatin. Watch the second pull again. He wasn't pulling on me at all once I locked up.

Yeah I have traction issues below 45-50mph. The car is making over 450 ft lbs of torque. Going from a dig will always be my strong point. Especially in running turbo cars. I don't floor it out the gate obviously... If you can floor your car our of the hole without wrinkle wall slicks, you're not making enough power...lol.

not to be an A** hole but the srt-4 sounded better! also those grand ****** are loads. what was gm thinkin when they put a super charger on a car with no intercooler they should have stuck with the turbos..
Yeah... this is NOT a sports car. Wasn't inteneded to do what I'm doing with it. As far as the SRT4 sounding better. That is opinion first of all. Secondly... that's not really too much of a priority to me. It may sound like ***.... but as long as you're BEHIND me to hear it, I could care less.

The run from a dig was a bit sketchy because we were in the middle of the road. No stop light or anything. There were cars behind us. That is why he honked so quickly.

Tough crowd.

I'm on my way to the track now... I'll have better vid for you hopefully.

Quick Reply: My Prix vs. Modded srt4