Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

THIS GUY BEATS FORD GT'S BUT CANT BEAT A NEON

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 10:08 AM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

Default RE: THIS GUY BEATS FORD GT'S BUT CANT BEAT A NEON

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

ORIGINAL: turbostang21

haha tell me about it...especially running 12's... my daily driver (awd talon) runs 12.2's. it's all over if the turbo stang leaves the stable. don't worry... i have a 5 pt. seat belt, roll cage, and a fire extinguisher on my chair!![8D]

Wow... you're a genius. An AWD car with 300 hp VS a RWD car with 650 is totally different.
thanks. i know they are totally different because i own both of them[8D] except my stang made one pass and one pass only (convertible without proper cage, it'll get done this winter) to the sound of 10.4 @ 138 with 17" radials (spinning like hell), a kenny brown stage 5 suspension setup for open track, and this was at only 15psi.....

anyway, i think it would be a race similar to the tt stang with jd pulling a bit in the end. regardless who wins, it would be close. hopefully we'll find out, maybe you guys should argue on the "Pinks" show website...
Old 09-16-2005, 12:06 PM
awnumber1
2nd Gear Member

I just have to say, WORST THREAD EVER
Old 09-16-2005, 01:17 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

it's easy to pick out which threads have jdaniel and the ls1 guys in them. most have 3+ pages. some make it to 9 before they get closed.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:35 PM
lx coupe

TRMIN8R,

What's up bud? I've seen a lot of videos on your car and it is a very nice GM product. I am a die hard Ford fan but respect anything fast.

I know you're only truly slamming fords due to this single moron (or maybe more) but you too should know there are cars out there any make/model that could give you a run for your money.

I certainly don't want to start a bench racing game here... but if I ever get a chance to get down to Albuqurque i'd sure like to give you a run...

We've got a 93 Mustang LX (our shop car) with full a/c, power steering, etc etc complete street car that i'd like to put up against your beast.

its got a 351 and a power adder so we're similar in cubes and power adder

you can check out our website @ www.glennsperformance.com

also here is a quick vid (you may have seen this vid from RSW.com) www.glennspeformance.com/video/compilation.wmv

BTW, like I said, this isn't bench racing, I do plan on getting out there sooner than later because it appears the street scene is unlike anything we have here in northern AZ.

Keep up the good work, just remember there are morons on both sides of the strip, whether they be Ford or GM guys.

BTW 93 Mustang, you are an absolute 100% complete ignorant moron. You know nothing about this hobby and I can guarantee 200% that you did not turn a single wrench during your blower installation.

A power adder is a power adder. The Ford GT has a blower, TRMIN8R has nitrous. GET OVER IT!
Old 09-16-2005, 08:19 PM
TRMIN8R

It's all good man. I understand that there are idiots on both sides. I know there's plenty of cars faster than me. Hell, I made a video of cars beating me! But, I bet anything that I could beat jdaniel. But he won't come up here to race.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:02 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I dont want to hear it. I believe I invited you to come here and YOU backed out by trying to get me to come to you. I told you, next time you come through Texas, then let me know. But fair warning... the longer you wait the worse it will hurt. Also, you can keep listening to the PMs you are getting from 98LS1 and JD1969 and whom ever else when they tell you that you will beat me. Neither of these guys have seen my car nor rode in it and they dont know. 98LS1 has admitted that he has never even been in a Cobra so he has nothing to compare to but what he reads about. You have had you experiences with them and im not bashing you or the cars you have raced. I just offered race since you live close by. I said take it or leave it. Im not going to make a Chris Johnson video out of it either way. Lets not start a bashing brawl on the internet. Either it happens or it doesnt. Neither of us is scared of the other. Its just that neither really wants to drive 16 hours one way for a couple races, just to go back home. It isnt really worth it to me. So thats why I say next time you happen through Texas then look me up. No hard feelings.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Stinger
4th Gear Member

2000 si dude you have it wrong. E.T. means nothing on the street dude. All that means is your car hooked. I know plenty of cars that run low 12s at 110 mph, but ican for sure tell you that a car that traps 120 mph will kill the car running a low 12 @111. take a look at bikes they dont usally do well in the 60ft range but run one on the street and fill the death of most cars.[8D]
Old 09-18-2005, 03:26 PM

ET means everything all over the place. If a car is trapping enough for mid-high 11s on the track but still crosses the line after 12 seconds, he's still not going to beat the guy that's trapping the low-mid 11 second speeds in the 11 second range.

What's more, if someone is having traction problems on the track, he's going to have MORE traction problems on the street. Meaning he's not going to be running what he can or has.

Old 09-18-2005, 05:22 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

why are you 2 even bothering insulting each other and challenging each other to a race? it's the internet. get over it. you know what your car can do, why do you have to prove it to a complete stranger?
Old 09-18-2005, 11:02 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: nanaki

why are you 2 even bothering insulting each other and challenging each other to a race? it's the internet. get over it. you know what your car can do, why do you have to prove it to a complete stranger?

I just said I would race since he is so close. He said he comes through here all the time because he is from Longview. I would gladly meet him on I20 as he rolls through Dallas foa a couple runs. So if or when he comes through, I hope I get an email.

Quick Reply: THIS GUY BEATS FORD GT'S BUT CANT BEAT A NEON