Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

bugatti veyron.. jesus

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 02:18 AM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

Default bugatti veyron.. jesus

un fing real... listen to him count off the speed when he launches it
holy crap
Old 12-15-2005, 02:37 AM
JoeyD
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: bugatti veyron.. jesus

^DANG!!! wow, very nice......
but when he is counting hes not counting in MPH- RIGHT!?!?! lol
even in Kilos that is fast.
awsome
Old 12-15-2005, 02:46 AM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

the veyron goes 0-60 in 2.7 seconds and 0-120 in 7.6 MPH[:-]
Old 12-15-2005, 04:15 AM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

[sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]
I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2005, 05:38 AM
OICW
3rd Gear Member

Kinda pointless if you ask me. 4400lbs and 1000 hp, all you get is a bunch of old, rich, fat, overgrown executives buying them and let it sit inside a garage to gain value.

This car is almost as fast for only $80,000. It can handle too - it'll smoke an Enzo easily.

Some stats:

-60mph
2.7secs

0-100mph
5.5secs

0-150mph
11.8secs

Standing ¼ mile
10.5secs @ 140mph

Best thing? Powered by American muscle. The tests are done with a 640 Chevy smallblock. They have a 720 hp version now, which when paired up with the 2000lbs curb weight, will be very close to a Veyron.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:10 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

that thing is crazy. Id rather have the Koenigsegg CCR tho anyday ^_^ which is also powered by american muscle, the Cobra 4v engine...
Old 12-15-2005, 05:21 PM
5.0family
2nd Gear Member

16cyl quad turbo beast if i had the 1.3 mil i would get it
Old 12-15-2005, 06:47 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OICW

Kinda pointless if you ask me. 4400lbs and 1000 hp, all you get is a bunch of old, rich, fat, overgrown executives buying them and let it sit inside a garage to gain value.

This car is almost as fast for only $80,000. It can handle too - it'll smoke an Enzo easily.

Some stats:

-60mph
2.7secs

0-100mph
5.5secs

0-150mph
11.8secs

Standing ¼ mile
10.5secs @ 140mph

Best thing? Powered by American muscle. The tests are done with a 640 Chevy smallblock. They have a 720 hp version now, which when paired up with the 2000lbs curb weight, will be very close to a Veyron.
the veyron is the fastest car ever made. It is not really a car that they are trying to sell to anyone, let alone old fat rich people. get a clue plz, post back when you do.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:26 AM
OICW
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andyman
the veyron is the fastest car ever made. It is not really a car that they are trying to sell to anyone, let alone old fat rich people. get a clue plz, post back when you do.
Get a clue about what? Their owners? Tell you what, 99% of the people that can throw out 1.3mil do not have the skills to take a 1000 hp car to its full potential.

What's the Veyron good for? drag racing? A 1000 hp Lingerfelter would smoke it 'cause of the 1000 lbs less weight, for a 1/4 the price or less. Road racing at Laguna Seca? An Enzo would probably take it, same with the Ultima I posted.

Again, it's good for nothing but just to prove a pointless point - the ability to go 253 mph. Completly useless outside of the Indy 500 or Telledaga. Again, is the Veyron going to be competing there? No. Exactly - it's pointless.

Any other "clues" you can think of? Post back when you can.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:33 PM
breyton
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OICW

ORIGINAL: andyman
Get a clue about what? Their owners? Tell you what, 99% of the people that can throw out 1.3mil do not have the skills to take a 1000 hp car to its full potential.

What's the Veyron good for? drag racing? A 1000 hp Lingerfelter would smoke it 'cause of the 1000 lbs less weight, for a 1/4 the price or less. Road racing at Laguna Seca? An Enzo would probably take it, same with the Ultima I posted.

Again, it's good for nothing but just to prove a pointless point - the ability to go 253 mph. Completly useless outside of the Indy 500 or Telledaga. Again, is the Veyron going to be competing there? No. Exactly - it's pointless.

Any other "clues" you can think of? Post back when you can.
Not to burst your bubble but a 1000 HP Lingenfelter Corvette has a damn hard time getting its power down while launching. Read the Car & Driver article. As we all saw the Veyron had no such problem. Sure you could do it on drag radials, but what happens when you want to corner or drive in the rain? I've done both and never want to again. So the Enzo and Ultima are better handling. You seemed to have missed the main reason people want this car. Status and bragging rights. Plain and simple. People who can afford these cars don't simply buy them; they acquire them because they can afford just about anything they want.

As far as posessing the skills to drive 253 MPH goes, there are people who don't have the skill to drive 55 mph yet they have a license. You are right though. Many of these cars will sit. Not as many as you might think however. The supercar market is a lot different then what it was during the late 80's and early 90's. Back when everyone put their cars away thinking they would be worth millions when instead the market went bust. That’s why Ferrari leased the F50 and chose who bought the Enzo. Will it find enough takers? Not really certain. Look at the Bugatti EB110, Jaguar XJ200 and the Cizetta Marauder. All flops.

Given the choice between the cars you mentioned. The Veyron, Enzo, Ultima and Lingenfelter Corvette I'd probable take the Enzo. The Veyron will most likely have reliability issues. At the heart it's still a VW and a quad turbo V16 sounds like it's bound to have problems. I don't care for the looks of the Ultima and when it comes down to it the Lingenfelter is simply a Corvette. Not bashing what it’s capable of. Just if given the choice, why take something that’s based on an everyday car, which I could afford. Now had someone mentioned the Mclaren F1, I’d take that! A drivers car that has a real racing pedigree.

Undertsand that many people choose cars for how they make them feel. Not simply what they are capable of. It can be a very irrational decision making process.

Quick Reply: bugatti veyron.. jesus