MustangForums.com Regional Chapters MF is looking for volunteers to help with the new MF Regional Chapters. Check inside for details!

Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 08:05 AM
shols

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Color...99454090131959
Old 01-25-2012, 10:25 PM
mustangcolby

i live in fort collins and i would be cool with being in a chapter. let me know where you want to go with it.

1996 4.6l sn-95 with a full CAI. tuned with sct tuner for 93 oct race, magnaflow stainless exhaust, steeda under pully, ford racing 4.10 gears and fully posi.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:47 AM
Blue_steel
1st Gear Member

I propose we set up a meet. Anyone know of any good place in Denver to do this, I'm in Fort Collins so I have no idea.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:44 AM
shols

I was going to try and set up a meet once the weather got warmer. Back in my Subaru days, we would meet up at red rocks.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:05 PM
archer_isaac

Colorado (pronounced Listeni/kɒləˈrædoʊ/)[6] is a U.S. state that encompasses most of the Southern Rocky Mountains as well as the northeastern portion of the Colorado Plateau and the western edge of the Great Plains. Colorado is part of the Western United States, Southwestern United States, and the Mountain States. Colorado is the 8th most extensive and the 22nd most populous of the 50 United States.

The state was named for the Colorado River, which early Spanish explorers named the Río Colorado for the red colored (Spanish: colorado) silt the river carried from the mountains. On August 1, 1876, U.S. President Ulysses S. Grant signed a proclamation admitting Colorado as the 38th state. Colorado is nicknamed the "Centennial State" because it was admitted to the Union in 1876, the centennial year of the United States Declaration of Independence.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:59 AM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Red Rocks is a no no nowadays. I've owned 2 STi's...lol.

http://www.mancavecolorado.com/

The owner of this place has offered to have meets in his parking lot. I'm definitely interested.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:01 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Im down
Old 03-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Big OZz

So am I...
Old 03-30-2012, 07:46 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

This hasnt been really going anywhere, so I propose that we attach ourselves to an event that happens every Friday. The Sonic and Grease Monkey attached themselves to it to try to boost business, so why not us?

For those familiar with the area, a great landmark is the Movie Tavern. It's in the same strip mall. The address is 18605 East Hampden Avenue, Aurora, CO 80013.

At the NE corner of Tower and Hampden in Aurora every Friday night, the parking lot fills up with classics and moderns galore. If you are coming from north of Denver, you can take I-25 to I-70 East then I-225 south. Exit on Parker road and head east (turn left) and stay to the right to exit onto Hampden. Head east on Hampden avenue until you reach Tower Rd. then turn left and it's the first and second right into the parking lot. An alternate route if you're willing to pay tolls is to take E470 turning right on the Jewell exit. Follow Jewell until you reach Tower Rd., then turn left (south) and at E. Girard ave just before Tower Rd turn left into the parking lot. It's the stoplight at the bottom of the hill.

If you're coming from the South, E470 again, exit on Quincy, turn left, follow Quincy then turn right on S. Reservoir Rd. and follow until until you cross Tower Rd. and turn in the first and second rights into the parking lot. If you go I25 to I225 N then you exit Parker Rd and just follow the instructions I mentioned for the folks coming from the north end of town.

There's a big mix of cars from 50's and up and occasionally you see folks in exotics, race cars, really really old stuff....heck we have a guy who shows up with his genuine Army Korean Jeep that has a real .50 cal mounted and a guy in a fully restored Model T. There's a guy who comes with his trailer and he pipes 50's and 60's tunes, the Sonic is right there...it's really a community event that many people show up for and it happens every Friday when the weather is nice. The one thing though, please don't be showing up and doing burnout's and that kind of stuff. There are a lot of kids and parents there and so it's like an informal show and shine and not a place to do anything that would upset the merchants or the community and it's been happening for at least 8 years, so let's do everything we can to help keep it going.

If you plan on showing up, PM me and if I can make it, I'll be there. I would also propose that we formalize a meet there perhaps sometime in late April or early May. There's not really a good restaurant large enough to accommodate a large party right there, but the Movie Tavern (http://movietavern.com/) has average food and full size theaters so if a cool car flick comes out, we could meet up and grab grub while we watch a flick in a real movie theater and throw popcorn at Tom Cruise. I could also ping them to see if they'd pull Bullitt out of the archives and play it. They have nights where they do that but its usually a Tuesday or Thursday. Otherwise there's the usual fare within a few miles driving distance too.

Last edited by wcgman; 03-30-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:36 AM
rbowmar
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangRacing4.6ltr
any of you guys ever go out to the golden super cruise on the first saturday of the month? tons of cars out there including stangs the next one is coming up here this saturday! usually starts from 12- 8 you can park and watch on the side of the street or cruise the strip..again tons and tons of cars that go

Posted from MustangForums.com App for Android